pump out via deck fitted macerator

Jamesb4uk

Featured Posts

Afternoon all,

After 2 years on a narrowboat with cassette loo's I've now got a broads cruiser with pump out... (will still carry a porta potty!!)

Question is - I'm currently moored at tidal Medway Bridge with no pump out facilities - they all use sea toilets here - Allington's the nearest pump out station.

Can I construct/buy a macerator pump concoction to suck out from the tank deck connector overboard rather than rip out he current bog, fit a sea loo & under water sea cock outlet?

James

yeah in in built systems I believe they do.

the bowl I have now goes straight into the tank, so no pump/macerator inside the boat - what I'm thinking if possible is to do a external one fitted to the deck connector.

if not its just an excuse to go boating I suppose!

James

I know one boat which has a macerator connected at the bottom of the tank, pumping to a normal pump out fitting on the roof. A screw in adaptor takes a hose,

I'm not sure if it would work with the macerator outside, though, as it might be difficult to prime the pump..

Iain

Afternoon all,

After 2 years on a narrowboat with cassette loo's I've now got a broads cruiser with pump out... (will still carry a porta potty!!)

Question is - I'm currently moored at tidal Medway Bridge with no pump out facilities - they all use sea toilets here - Allington's the nearest pump out station.

Can I construct/buy a macerator pump concoction to suck out from the tank deck connector overboard rather than rip out he current bog, fit a sea loo & under water sea cock outlet?

James

I think all you would need is a 1" diaphragm bilge pump attached to the tank. This is standard practice in France for boats with a holding tank - there's no pump out there.

Everything goes to sludgy liquid quick enough just don't put toilet paper down the loo.

T-off from the main output pipe and go through the pump to its own skin fitting 6" above the water line.

Edited by Chris Pink