nearly June, just lit the stove... wtf?

Featured Posts

Just got home from work, and have lit the stove. It is blowing another viscious mini gale here, and the intermitent rain makes it damp and horrible. 4degrees celsius last night!!

Enough already with this crap weather.

Totally crap up here at the moment too, central heating at home still on and the gas fire was on last night too.

Blowing a hooly outside and looking at our energy consumption for this winter/spring compared to last on my providers web site the results are sobering.......(and are going to be expensive!)

Totally crap up here at the moment too, central heating at home still on and the gas fire was on last night too.

Blowing a hooly outside and looking at our energy consumption for this winter/spring compared to last on my providers web site the results are sobering.......(and are going to be expensive!)

I'm considering buying a few builderbags of logs. The mind says 'don't be stupid, it's nearly June' but the body says 'f off, it's freezing'. I'm still selling some bags of logs lately ...

I went out yesterday afternoon and it hailed, A LOT, and the car said it was 3.5 degrees. And the snowflake came on the temperature guage! 20 mins later it was 9 degrees.

It reminds me of 2008 - although at least it wasnt cold then - when all summer it was waterproof trousers and suncream

Its the same here in Northwich, blowing a gale and cold. spoke to the mother in law who complained that she thought winter was over but it got so cold last night down to 20c, mind you she is in Zambia

We too are in Norfolk and, for the first time in about a week, lit the Clearview stove in our lounge last night. In a way it's a pity that we had to, but it was nice and cosy, sitting in front of a cheerily flaming fire after dinner.

Luckily our central heating is oil-fired so, though we have used it more than usual this spring, there will be no nasty shock in the post, as of course we have already paid for the oil.

I just uninstalled the stove a few days ago as I am repositioning it. as soon as I do this we get 10 degrees and rain. got the mikuni ch so its okay but bad timing as I would like to have the fire going today !

So when you said" "Hail", people weren't sure if you were greeting them or giving the weather forecast.

Are you still on the Nene?

This was on the middle levels at Whittlesey. I'm now back on the Nene in the Peterborough area for a few days before heading up to Oundle.

Its the same every year for this weekend. Its the week of our annual jaunt to Wells (tried Whitby last year but still ended up in Wells).

Shite weather for our run from Lincoln to Boston and then we will get a break in the weather just in time for us to have a few days in Wells.

Usually end up holed up in Boston for a day or two so i dont trust the weather forecasts at the moment!

I've had the stove on every night for about a week as it hasn't gone much above 4c most nights and my dog was getting cold biggrin.png . She had an operation recently and some of her fur is missing! I know I know, I'm a big softy with her.

And there was me thinking I'd need to get some sunblock to put on her exposed skin. Glad I didn't get any now.

I was in Poland on Monday and Tuesday and it was very warm and sunny. I was like "WTF?"

I know they do have hot summers in E Europe, but what's going on in this country?

Our government have had the heating turned down to minimise the risk of more riots.

Enough!! I've been to the butcher for BBQ meat. It is going to be a lovely weekend. Wall to wall sunshine. It is. Honest. Just shut your eyes, cosy up by the fire and today will pass .....

Just got home from work, and have lit the stove. It is blowing another viscious mini gale here, and the intermitent rain makes it damp and horrible. 4degrees celsius last night!!

Enough already with this crap weather.

just a very quick not for anyone running a stove today/tonight. (I don't blame you it is very chilly) There are strong wind forecast.

This can cause the fire to race away and get super-hot. It can also cause inversions in your chimney and the carbon monoxide in your stove combustion gases can end up in the cabin.

Keep your eye on the stove, best not to leave the boat with it running if you have put a load of fuel on it.

And test the CO alarm right now - before you forget.

It's Boat Fire Safety Week next week and it's best not to end up on my news story file.