Forum Running Slow

Mike Tee

Featured Posts

Is it anything to do with the new-look forum? I know some people have obviously put a lot of work into it but I have to say it's not as easy to use from my phone now and does seem to be slower. I've never really understaood the need to change something that was working perfectly well into a new format that then requires everyone to adapt to. It just seems like change for change's sake to me.

I don't know how to edit my posts when posting from my phone anymore.

There seems to be no obvious advantage to the new-look forum and perhaps some disadvantages.

Mike - if you are using the mobile version of the forum on a smartphone such as an iPhone or an Android phone - to edit a post you just press and hold a finger on the post you want to edit and an 'edit' button displays. touch that and it opens the post to be edited, edit it and then touch 'submit modified post.

(you may need to scroll up and down a bit to see the buttons)

Is it anything to do with the new-look forum? I know some people have obviously put a lot of work into it but I have to say it's not as easy to use from my phone now and does seem to be slower. I've never really understaood the need to change something that was working perfectly well into a new format that then requires everyone to adapt to. It just seems like change for change's sake to me.

I don't know how to edit my posts when posting from my phone anymore.

There seems to be no obvious advantage to the new-look forum and perhaps some disadvantages.

I must admit that was my thought exactly, but as a newcomer I hesitated to say so, and hoped somebody else would say it!

I've never really understaood the need to change something that was working perfectly well into a new format that then requires everyone to adapt to. It just seems like change for change's sake to me.

As I understand the situation the old software was "no longer supported" so problems etc which might arise due to incompatibility of newer software and equipment couldn't be sorted out. (Or words to that effect). I seriously doubt admin would have voluntarily have given themselves the "hassel" of the change and potential complaints if they didn't feel it was b]necessary.

It appears to be really slow going from one link to another and takes an age to go from the main menu to the various topics.

Yep I have this problem and its really irritating. I thought it was my PC but can't find anything amiss. seems to have happened since the upgrade to new software.

I've now tried it on two machines and its the same.