Disillusioned and disappointed

seaandland

Featured Posts

After over 12 years of service i have left the Trust (Ex B/W) the management are poor and weak, very little in the way of work, to many high paid employees when nothing is being spent on the system, after three years of just sitting about and doing nothing ive had enough, i dont have a job to go to, but im better than useless, there are a lot of people like me still at the Trust just taking the money and doing nothing.

• Greenie 2

What a crying shame. That's the trouble with these sorts of organisations now, too many in the office & not enough out on the ground. It's been going on for years. Chuffin bureaucrats! So long as they're alright, stuff the guys who really make it all work.

You don't repair lock gates etc., by shovelling paper.

Edited by Spuds

After over 12 years of service i have left the Trust (Ex B/W) the management are poor and weak, very little in the way of work, to many high paid employees when nothing is being spent on the system, after three years of just sitting about and doing nothing ive had enough, i dont have a job to go to, but im better than useless, there are a lot of people like me still at the Trust just taking the money and doing nothing.

Out of interest what was your job?

Bank Staff

Sadly I suspect there will be a good few of your colleagues who will be perfectly happy to sit about doing nothing but still getting paid. Personally I couldn't stand the prospect of that either.

Not sure I would have jumped before I got another job though, as voluntarily leaving your job could affect your entitlement to benefits but I suppose the outcome of your job search will depend on your transferable skills and other experience and qualifications.

Good luck..!

spelling ed.

Edited by The Dog House

It's sad that this gos on

To think that all your experience re BW is all wasted.

I really hope that you get sorted soon.

But seriously. Wouldn't it be great if John (seaandland) got the top job!

Get staff out the office.stop talking and get working and investing in people got there maintaining and investing.

To think of all the investment to this Boris Johnson water village in London.

Anyway hope all goes well for you,

Col

Well to put the cat among the pigeons, what if John with his many years experience wouldnt do things the new way and hence was seen as a pita!

Old saying two sides to every story and its true, you all know it is :mellow:

Lynall

Of course there is often two sides to every story but I see no reason not to take the OP at face value.

If it was as you say surely he would be complaining about the workload under the new regime not that he had no or very little work to do for a period that includes a long period that precedes CRT.

Moored at Castleford opposite B.W.yard.Staff arived at 8.00.Sat around waiting for instructions.I Left mooring at 11.30.Nothing happening.No sign of any sort of management.Staff cost say £15 hour.31/2 hoursx4menx£15=£210 wasted.I hope this was an isolated incident.

Moored at Castleford opposite B.W.yard.Staff arived at 8.00.Sat around waiting for instructions.I Left mooring at 11.30.Nothing happening.No sign of any sort of management.Staff cost say £15 hour.31/2 hoursx4menx£15=£210 wasted.I hope this was an isolated incident.

In my view it is standard practise

Not really. There are 34,000 boaters paying an average of (I'd guess) £1,200 a year to fund this method of managing the system

MtB

I think paying staff to sit around doing nothing is serious, I don't understand that we licence payers are contributing to this is not a matter of concern, or am I missing summit????

I think paying staff to sit around doing nothing is serious, I don't understand that we licence payers are contributing to this is not a matter of concern, or am I missing summit????

:smiley_offtopic: Maybe for bank staff!

Given dialogues I and others are currently involved in with non operational staff at a somewhat higher level, I would say that continuing to pay them if they promised to do nothing might even be a distinct improvement!

It has been an interesting day!

• Greenie 2

What! and they didn't have the gumption to set to work on something. There are loads of things they could have been doing, and we all know there is.

Does anybody think it is right that people should be paid, by your fees,and taxes, to not have the ability to think for themselves.

I've always been and always will be in favour of workers rights but come on!

:smiley_offtopic: Maybe for bank staff!

Given dialogues I and others are currently involved in with non operational staff at a somewhat higher level, I would say that continuing to pay them if they promised to do nothing might even be a distinct improvement!

It has been an interesting day!

I no longer do riddles on here sorry alan

Edited by The Dog House

I no longer do riddles on here sorry alan

It wasn't intended as a riddle.

Current experience says that for some non-operational staff if they promised to not touch anything, and keep completely out of things, it might represent an improvement on what we have now, (even if they retained their salary).

Have you never in your working career encountered people of whom the same could be said - I certainly did, and not just as a very rare thing, either, unfortunately.

Good luck to you in the future. You are not the first, a friend of mine walked away for virtually the same reasons after over 25 years of service, his comments were similar "nothings changed". Whilst I support CRT activly I too can voice and show evidence of lack of interest from men on the ground who dislike the volunteer element and despise the overgrown mass of chiefs. CRT is rapidly becoming a "Costa Concordia" class orginisation, one good wollop and the systems wont cope and over it will go.