Anise Gallery London - Marine Artist Talk (free)

Alis

Featured Posts

Hi Everybody,

I joined this forum as I thought some of you might be interested in an artist's talk that the gallery I work in, in London, has coming up this weekend.

My sister has a narrow boat near Bath, but has a real interest in a wide range of marine history so I thought that there might some of you interested, many apologies if that it not the case.

This weekend marks the 75th birthday of the HMS Belfast, a 5 minute walk from the gallery. If anyone happens to be in the area on Saturday I would like to warmly invite you to an Artist Talk at Anise Gallery, featuring the work in our Current exhibition 'Ruins of Empire'; I hope you don't mind a quick introduction.

The exhibition of paintings by Bath based artist Thom Gorst investigates the aesthetic quality of industrial and maritime surfaces. Having trained and tutored within architecture, Thom's works are the marks 'of an architect', re-aestheticising marks made by rust and abrasion. Having recently completed a doctorate in modern maritime ruins, his "research has been concerned with the aesthetics of derelict ships: trying to identify something of beauty in cast-off bits of industry", and his paintings represent the unfolding of his research. During the talk, Thom will give an invaluable insight into the theory behind not only his work, but also that of the artists that have inspired him.

Here is a link to the press release on our website where you can also see the beautiful textured paintings:

http://www.anisegallery.co.uk/thom-gorst-ruins-of-empire/

Thom Gorst – Artist Talk

Saturday 16 March at 5pm

Anise Gallery, 13a Shad Thames, SE1 2PU

Free Entry – All Welcome

Many thanks for your time,

If you would like any further information, please let me know and I will be happy to accommodate. Contact details can be found on our website (please see the link above)

Kind Regards,

Alis Oldfield