Narrowboats on TV this pm

little duck!

Featured Posts

Morning, i have just been looking through the television guide for something to entertain me whilst ironing! I have found on channel Quest a series from 1pm- 6pm called Narrow boat afloat. 1st one sets off down the Grand union canal. It may have been on before but i haven't seen it so thought i would share!

edited to say - not exactly sure where this post belongs so feel free to move it!

Edited by little duck!

Morning, i have just been looking through the television guide for something to entertain me whilst ironing! I have found on channel Quest a series from 1pm- 6pm called Narrow boat afloat. 1st one sets off down the Grand union canal. It may have been on before but i haven't seen it so thought i would share!

edited to say - not exactly sure where this post belongs so feel free to move it!

That is Alan on Dover, a follow on from when he "restored her"

Some years ago my wife and I took a helmsmans course with a chap called Terry, from great haywood marina I think, he was telling us that after both series and having spent a shed load of money on the re fit and all the hi tec gadgits, someone picked her up for under £30,000, sounds like a bit of a bargin to me.

Some years ago my wife and I took a helmsmans course with a chap called Terry, from great haywood marina I think, he was telling us that after both series and having spent a shed load of money on the re fit and all the hi tec gadgits, someone picked her up for under £30,000, sounds like a bit of a bargin to me.

It was up for sale for £90K plus if I remember correctly.

It's also had a new bottom since then too.

Is it available on I player or equivalent?

I don't believe Quest have a 'catch up' TV service - it's often repeated though.

ed - Quest is on here but not sure why it's called 'TV catchup' because it only seems to offer programmes currently being broadcast.

http://www.tvcatchup.com/guide.html

Edited by The Dog House

I think "Terry" may have been telling you more than a bit of a story! I doubt it has ever changed hands for even double that figure, since "restoration" and conversion. (A new Russell Newbery costs around £20,000 alone...)

I think it was last publicly on sale at something around the £89K mark, offered as a prestige restoration, but externally it actually looked in poor shape, and as I think was eventually quietly withdrawn, unsold.

After that significant amount of rebottoming, refoting or overplatng work was done as one of Dave Thomas's last jobs at Braunston before he retired, (don't know exact details, but it looked fairly extensive), so clearly this was badly skimped as part of making the TV series. (If you look at footage of it being moved between sites on the lorry, there were actually holes cut through the swim, so the hull restoration was far from complete when removed from the site where the boat was originally.

It has also had some considerable major refit work inside, I'm told, casting doubt on the longevity or practicality, (or both!), of some of the original fit-out!

I don't believe Quest have a 'catch up' TV service - it's often repeated though.

ed - Quest is on here but not sure why it's called 'TV catchup' because it only seems to offer programmes currently being broadcast.

http://www.tvcatchup.com/guide.html

:smiley_offtopic: but TVcatchup is so-called because it has a delay, broadcasting "near-live" TV, in theory removing the need for a TV licence though this is disputed, I believe.

It is an excellent Android app, though.

:smiley_offtopic: but TVcatchup is so-called because it has a delay, broadcasting "near-live" TV, in theory removing the need for a TV licence though this is disputed, I believe.

Still :smiley_offtopic:

Ahh... interesting, guess what arrived in the post this morning too.....

n7-product-hero.png

:cheers:

:smiley_offtopic: again

The issue seems to be with copyright...

http://www.worldipreview.com/news/cjeu-hammers-streaming-sites-with-tvcatchup-ruling