How is Dor getting on?

vicafloat

Featured Posts

Hi Folks,

Dor did a post to tell regulars to the Forum that he had to visit Wythenshawe hospital. I count myself lucky

to be a friend of Dave & his wife Chris,having moored at the same site for several years. I will supply updates

on his progress until he is well enough to talk to the Forum again.

Dave had a major operation on his lung Wednesday 27th Feb. and is now in recovery as of 10pm that night.I will

let you all know how he gets on as soon as Chris gives me news

Hi Folks,

Dor did a post to tell regulars to the Forum that he had to visit Wythenshawe hospital. I count myself lucky

to be a friend of Dave & his wife Chris,having moored at the same site for several years. I will supply updates

on his progress until he is well enough to talk to the Forum again.

Dave had a major operation on his lung Wednesday 27th Feb. and is now in recovery as of 10pm that night.I will

let you all know how he gets on as soon as Chris gives me news

That would be brilliant. Thank you

Richard

Dor's operation was a success with no complications & he is now back on the ward. Biopsies have been taken to ascertain

whether further treatment is necessary. Dor will remain in Wythenshawe until early next week at least.

Went to see DoR today at Wythenshawe hospital. He is in pain,not surprising after surgeons remove bits of your lung,

but he is in good spirits and looking forward to returning home next week sometime. Long term Dor may need chemo.

as a mopping up exercise,but the operation is generally regarding as a success by the experts. Further posts as and when

Went to see DoR today at Wythenshawe hospital. He is in pain,not surprising after surgeons remove bits of your lung,

but he is in good spirits and looking forward to returning home next week sometime. Long term Dor may need chemo.

as a mopping up exercise,but the operation is generally regarding as a success by the experts. Further posts as and when

Thanks very much for posting this message.

I sent Dave a PM recently and he mentioned that he was due to have a major operation soon. Trying to be tactful, I never went into details about the why's and wherefores of his operation, but had an idea that it was cancer related.

Dave is a top bloke and whenever we meet he always asks about Mrs Doorman and how she's coping with her cancer treatment, which is ongoing. We have wished him well prior to the op but when you see him again, please tell him that Mike & Chrissie are hoping that he makes a speedy recovery and that he's back at the tiller very soon! :cheers:

Mike

Edited by Doorman

Thanks very much for posting this message.

I sent Dave a PM recently and he mentioned that he was due to have a major operation soon. Trying to be tactful, I never went into details about the why's and wherefores of his operation, but had an idea that it was cancer related.

Dave is a top bloke and whenever we meet he always asks about Mrs Doorman and how she's coping with her cancer treatment, which is ongoing. We have wished him well prior to the op but when you see him again, please tell him that Mike & Chrissie are hoping that he makes a speedy recovery and that he's back at the tiller very soon! :cheers:

Mike

Dave returned home this week and though weak and wobbly,is recovering well from the op.

I hope to visit him Friday 8th March

I'm here!

Now home, sporting amongst others a 10 inch scar and feeling, not without some justification, as though I have been cut in half.

Still on a large assortment of various medications which affect me in different ways.

I want to extend my thanks to all those who have sent me their best wishes - it has been a huge help to know that there is that much support out there for both Chris and me.

I have biopsy results due next week which will determine if I have to have chemo treatment.

Meanwhile, although up and down, I am still here; at least I have survived the 8% failure rate of the surgery (though that is a national figure - Wythenshawe is much better).

And just realised I've said all this before see: http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=54776&st=0&p=1036949&fromsearch=1entry1036949

Thanks again to all who showed an interest in my progress

Dave

I'm here!

Now home, sporting amongst others a 10 inch scar and feeling, not without some justification, as though I have been cut in half.

Still on a large assortment of various medications which affect me in different ways.

I want to extend my thanks to all those who have sent me their best wishes - it has been a huge help to know that there is that much support out there for both Chris and me.

I have biopsy results due next week which will determine if I have to have chemo treatment.

Meanwhile, although up and down, I am still here; at least I have survived the 8% failure rate of the surgery (though that is a national figure - Wythenshawe is much better).

And just realised I've said all this before see: http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=54776&st=0&p=1036949&fromsearch=1entry1036949

Dave

Good to see you back :cheers:

Dave returned home this week and though weak and wobbly,is recovering well from the op.

I hope to visit him Friday 8th March

Thanks again for keeping us informed about Dave.

I've had a few sleepless nights worrying about the 50 pence he owes me and wondering when I was going to get it back!

I've read Dave's thread in the Virtual Pub and he sounds in good form considering all of the surgery that he's endured. He's even had time to lament about missing out on a bed bath from one of 'the long leggity' nurses on his ward. What he neglected to say was that that particular nurse is a six foot something bearded man! :P

He also gave time to commend his treatment received at Whythenshawe hospital, even to say that he enjoyed the food there. Well said sir! Mrs Doorman has had years of treatment at various NHS hospitals and we can only concur with Dave's assessment. Indeed, without the skills and care of these dedicated people, I would not have a second mate here with me now.

We hope that he takes time to recover and looks forward to getting out and about on the water when he's good and ready. Oh, and by the way, we also hope that he gets rid of that clay pipe that he's been smoking for all of those years, that can't be any good to him now! :lol:

Mike & Chrissie

Edited by Doorman

I'm here!

Dave

I found that with a bit of careful calculation, and using a combination of Paracetamol, Ibuprofen, and Co-Codamol, I was never more than 2 hours between as dose of painkillers, of one kind or another.

On failure rates, I seem to remember thinking that several people with the same condition had to die if I was to make it to 5 years, (which is 13th May this year), so it could still be me :(

Well I'm still here but had some problems. I currently have a partially collapsed lung due to a pneumo-thoracic air emphysema but they say it will sort itself out.

I've also been given a nice big bottle of what is basically liquid morphine. I reckon 5 ml is equivalent to 3 G&Ts so I should have a happy weekend!

Thanks again to everyone for your messages of support and goodwill.

And Mike - you would have had your 50p back by now but it seems your message box is still full. And as for the clay pipe, I've found another orifice for that.