Historic Boats for sale online

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

It's certainly been mentioned many times, but i think this is the first time it's been 'listed' properly with a broker and photos etc.

I love this boat. I pass it every week and dream. Not sure about that engine though.

It's one i like too Junior, saw her few weeks ago when passed Anderton.. If not wooden i could have been tempted, agree with you on the engine..

What is the problem with the Bukh engine? It's quite old but the s/s says that it was serviced annually by Tim Leech, which I think is a recommendation.

The bed would worry me: at 5'7" X 2'10" it would suit two anorexics of modest height. There's probably ample room for e bed under the foredeck, though, as little else seems to have been installed there.

I was intrested but everytime i enquired about it everywhere i was told it was for sale but not any longer. Its a real shame as its a a really nice boat and would love to have her but i would have to change the engine.

So yes want it but its now too late a few months ago when i was trying to get hold of the owner i would have bit there arm off to get her

You ant going to fit much under the deck except for storage of water and coal. You would never get anything useful under there except a life time of diesel for the engine

Edited by billybobbooth

The Bukh engine was originally a Generator that was maranised by Tim, I have a Bukh 2G105 that has not missed a beat since I fitted it in 1979,it is the most reliable engine I know and if you haven't seen me you have missed a treat.

Just been to Sharpness, currently at Bratch heading for Wheaton Aston to refuel. then to Alvercote for Bank Holiday bash.

Never heard anything bad about Bukh engines.

Some were used as proper seagoing lifeboat engines, I.e. Can run upside down briefly, run when tilted or canted about violently, etc.

The bed would worry me: at 5'7" X 2'10" it would suit two anorexics of modest height.

Bigger than the crossbed on a "tree" Severner as designed. I might get Willow's out to 3'2" or so if I can get it to fit.

Edited by FadeToScarlet

I love Tay - have always wanted a Tar boat........................................................................................two wooden boats is too many........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................I think.................maybe.......................................................................................no harm in looking I suppose....? :)

Why is it a boat worth saving ?

As there is only 1 other complete butty and this would be one without a forcabin. Yes there are other parts or halfs around but there are only 2 full length ones.

Dont you think this would make it worth saving?

We took a picture of it this year being pushed to Uxb boat ctr by a wood & Hall tug for a check over, blacking and tarting up. Quite a site to see a boat with 3/4 of its bow missing travelling along.

Darren

Would love to see that.

Thats the one needs some major work though but a boat worth saving.

I sold the "Monnow" to the owners at Cowley a long time ago. She is very original apart from the bow and the stern. The stern apart from the bottoms was completeley missing. Her story was told in NarrowBoat mag recently and the raising is documented on here, she is a rare boat and has over the years seen a lot of work done, sadly not completed. She was raised in 1978 from Oldbury btw.

As there is only 1 other complete butty and this would be one without a forcabin. Yes there are other parts or halfs around but there are only 2 full length ones.

Dont you think this would make it worth saving?

I was interested in your rational.

Personally I am not particularly interested in whether it is 'saved' or not, or at least in preference to any other 'historic' boat.

The facts:-

MONNOW was not built for Thomas Clayton (Oldbury) Ltd. but was one of many that they bought in. Being an elderly boat when purchased MONNOW saw only a few years carrying service as an unregistered horse boat (not a butty) with Thomas Clayton (Oldbury) Ltd. before being left to sink at Oldbury (possibly fire damaged) - All of this is documented in Thomas Clayton (Oldbury) Ltd. records, of which I have a transcript captain.gif

I was interested in your rational.

Personally I am not particularly interested in whether it is 'saved' or not, or at least in preference to any other 'historic' boat.

The facts:-

MONNOW was not built for Thomas Clayton (Oldbury) Ltd. but was one of many that they bought in. Being an elderly boat when purchased MONNOW saw only a few years carrying service as an unregistered horse boat (not a butty) with Thomas Clayton (Oldbury) Ltd. before being left to sink at Oldbury (possibly fire damaged) - All of this is documented in Thomas Clayton (Oldbury) Ltd. records, of which I have a transcript captain.gif

I know where she came from surly this makes her an even rarer boat. She is prob one of the last of her kind but as im into tco history makes it a bit closer to my enthusiasm. But in my mind any voat that is the last or one of the last of her kind is worth saving. Why i took on peacock when i have to save he for what she is as a very rare boat (yes there are other fmc boats but non really like her)

Sorry getting off topic.

Back on topic need to try and go see tay still other plans taking my time at mo.