Historic Boats for sale online

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

This one?

http://www.alvecotemarina.co.uk/narrowcraft/brokerage/for-sale/violet/

A lovely hull, beautiful to look at and swims very nicely - I owned one the same briefly (motorised retaining original elum but had a small counter and weedhatch and anti ventilation plate welded on)

Only thing is if its had a steel cabin on it there may be some problems with the narrower locks such as Napton/Marston Doles and Hurleston flight.

. might be OK :)

They are ex horsedrawn barges rather than butties - the workmanship is really very impressive on these old girls.

I always liked the "Frobishers", I think a couple of them were still in hire fleets when we first started boating in the '90s.

There was one in the hire fleet at Shobnall, it got sold about 10years ago, don't know where it is now. It had a steel top and steel sliding roof that always let the draughts in.

Magnetman - that's the one :) ..a distinctive shape - I re-bottomed and re-footed one many years ago with a mate...although I suspect we did a terrible job! :):)

Do you know Violet ..? Has it been for sale for a while..? ........I was idly thinking she would look nicer with the lid off again.....

Looks to have quite narrow gunnels.

The boat I had retained the original iron reinforcement on which wooden gunnels had been fixed.

One of the problems encountered when steel tops are added is that people just cut off bits they don't like the look of and weld new stuff on. So Violet could easily have welded steel gunnels which would be a disadvantage if attempting to deconvert it.

I expect the front will end up on the end of a new build tug

Perhaps not quite a historic boat yet, but I couldn't resist this unashamedly honest line from an Apollo Duck advert for a Hancock & Lane boat:

"BMC engine renovated at no expense".

How do you prune Soughtafter privet?

Richard

I had 4 year old Beech trees on the front of Old Friends, far more worthy.

Is it Cantley as the signwrighting, or is it Cantles' or Cantly as in the advert.

It would be far more worthy if advertised as a boat only sale as well.

I had 4 year old Beech trees on the front of Old Friends, far more worthy.

Is it Cantley as the signwrighting, or is it Cantles' or Cantly as in the advert.

It would be far more worthy if advertised as a boat only sale as well.

You have a thing about trees on boats - I remember a Christmas tree on Tawny

Richard

You have a thing about trees on boats - I remember a Christmas tree on Tawny

Richard

That was rescued from your weedhatch on Camp Hill flight, I coudn't dump it as the services was cordoned off at the top.

...and I do like trees, although not as much as TreeMonkey..

Always had a soft spot for these two my self - first time I craned a new steel shell into the cut, Mountbatten arrived moments after the shell was in....she was loaded with a decent load....I looked at my new shell, looked at Ivor on Mountbatten and had a eureka moment! :) lol

Nice pair - interesting design/variation on a theme...£58k seems quite a bit...?