Historic Boats for sale online

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

I remember an incident at Uxbridge in 1982 when Tony Daniels decided to take Dunstable / Eaton the name varying to suit the bwb patrol officers to London. Starting the engine and going in gear was enough to ship water into the counter. A bag of premix left on top the counter was considered a good solution. He didn't sink that trip.

I committed a similar crime on the keelson of Atalanta in 1984 because it was "soft in a few spots' it stayed there until rebottomed in 1994 I think. Our footing repair kit consisted of redirect mix, corks, bolts and flat head washers. On one occasion I welded up a small hole while sue held a cat litter tray against the outside with grease to seal the joint. Arc went out a few times but I blobbed it up.

There was an occasion in Stockton when single handed I was taking the pair down and sprung the footings going into the lock. A "modern" had to wait while I sorted it out.

" what are you doing"

"putting a hole in the side

"why "

" current one isn't big enough (to fit this bolt )

will you be long"

"only if the boat sinks while you are asking silly questions"

• Greenie 2

That was up on ebay a few months back too IIRC, reaching £stupid sum.

Presumably the winner failed to complete.

£10,600 and 30 bids so far, feck moi! ....I'd buy it for sensible money!

Must have been a jolly big house!

ninja.giflaugh.png

SOLD for £15,106.00 . ASTOUNDING!!!!!

Oh Boy! what stupid bidding, up 5K in less that a couple of minutes. Bet this is back on the market rather quickly!! Nice boat but ------ its a wooden one = deep pockets required (instantly)!

Oh Boy! what stupid bidding, up 5K in less that a couple of minutes. Bet this is back on the market rather quickly!! Nice boat but ------ its a wooden one = deep pockets required (instantly)!

My view is about £7-8k is a fair value, or rather the highest value at which an experienced and knowledgeable buyer will understand what he's buying, and follow through and actually complete the deal.

Even then he will be expecting to lose money hand over fist during his custodianship!

I once listed a broken and obsolete dishwasher on ebay, in the vague hope of avoiding a trip to the dump. Starting price 1p.

To my amazement it attracted a single bid of 1p, to my even more amazement the bloke actually turned up and took it away!

Bastard stitched me up a treat though. He didn't give me the 1p.

Edited by Mike the Boilerman

Why should Acacia be a "Fish Class", as per the advert?

There are no such things as "classes" in the FMC fleet, just builders, you will not find a sngle reference to "fish" or any other name in FMC records, motors being simply referred to by the HP of the engine.

There are no such things as "classes" in the FMC fleet, just builders, you will not find a sngle reference to "fish" or any other name in FMC records, motors being simply referred to by the HP of the engine.

No, I said "As per the advert", which does describe this boat as a Fish Class. The advertiser must have been away from school the day that they did fish.