Historic Boats for sale online

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

Well that didn't last long did it? Guess the 'dream' didn't live up to expectations.

http://narrowboats.apolloduck.co.uk/display.phtml?aid=458901

I can't help thinking that if you are going to own and then resell a historic Harland and Wolff narrow boat it would at least be a good idea to be able to spell it consistently throughout the advert.

I would have thought that unless some very major surgery has been done on it the quoted 6' 10" beam might be rather optimistic.

As an aside, I thought it was no longer possible to transfer a boat licence, so can't immediately see why it is helpful to state that it currently has a Gold one, (unless there is an exception for them, maybe?).

Well that didn't last long did it? Guess the 'dream' didn't live up to expectations.

http://narrowboats.apolloduck.co.uk/display.phtml?aid=458901

Strange. I spent a while chatting with the current owner before christmas and he seemed very happy being custodian of the DOVER.

Maybe it got to him, squeezing a 71'6" boat through all those rather short K&A locks...

"Still looks the same as when she worked" clapping.gif

I've noticed this in some boatbuilders' adverts: "Faithful replica of Josher". Er, no it isn't, it's got 50 feet of cabin where the bloomin' hold should be.

Forward is surely the back of Forward, which is why the front is decorated as a stern

I have always admired Forward for that bit of honesty

Richard