Historic Boats for sale online

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

SEAFORD was advertised for sale as an unconverted motor (that had recently been re-bottomed and re-footed) in October 2012 at £62000, and it was re-advertised in February 2013 but without a price.

SEAFORD is now advertised converted and part fitted at £45000, and to my mind this now makes EFFINGHAM at £32000 look expensive captain.gif

Ah, I remember higher than it was, but it still seems a shed load for an unconverted one, even if in excellent condition.

What engine has it? Lister "H" series?

Unless there is some obvious reason behind it, an asking of £45K seems somewhat of a bargain to me, particularly if you consider offerings like Andromeda or Baildon, (although I think the latter may now have been reduced ???)

smiley_offtopic.gif You know you want an Admiral really, Pete!.......

What engine has it? Lister "H" series?

smiley_offtopic.gif You know you want an Admiral really, Pete!.......

SEAFORD had a Lister HB2 when I took its serial number in 2007, and this is the same engine fitted in 1968ish when it was owned by Willow Wren Canal Transport Services Ltd..

I do have a very keen interest in EFFINGHAM, but not at £32000 as I think it needs another £10000 or so putting into it. In my opinion an 'Admiral' will always need to be cheaper than an unconverted G.U.C.C.Co. Ltd. or F.M.C. Ltd. motor in a similar condition as they are not a popular design and so fewer people will be interested in the purchase captain.gif

I do have a very keen interest in EFFINGHAM, but not at £32000 as I think it needs another £10000 or so putting into it. In my opinion an 'Admiral' will always need to be cheaper than an unconverted G.U.C.C.Co. Ltd. or F.M.C. Ltd. motor in a similar condition as they are not a popular design and so fewer people will be interested in the purchase captain.gif

Yes, I think you are right.

Despite the obvious much greater rarity, I do think they are unlikely to resell for the same amount of money as (say) a GUCCCo boat.

[:tongue_in_cheek_smiley:] Don't forget the main reason for the large asking price of a Steve Hudson boat is "rivets", and Admirals don't have rivets! - You have got to have rivets!

[:tongue_in_cheek_smiley:] Don't forget the main reason for the large asking price of a Steve Hudson boat is "rivets", and Admirals don't have rivets! - You have got to have rivets!

A popular misconception.

The 'Yarwood' built 'Admirals' have a few rivets used in the construction of the lower part of the fore end, but I do not know if the 'Pimblott' built 'Admirals' are the same captain.gif

A popular misconception.

The 'Yarwood' built 'Admirals' have a few rivets used in the construction of the lower part of the fore end, but I do not know if the 'Pimblott' built 'Admirals' are the same captain.gif

I actually knew you would pick me up on that, but do rivets count if you can't see them? (I hope not as both my boats have a lot less rivets below water line than they were built with!)

SEAFORD was advertised for sale as an unconverted motor (that had recently been re-bottomed and re-footed) in October 2012 at £62000, and it was re-advertised in February 2013 but without a price.

SEAFORD is now advertised converted and part fitted at £45000, and to my mind this now makes EFFINGHAM at £32000 look expensive captain.gif

Effingham is expensive considering it needs more work than Ling did when I sold her and is only a few thousand cheaper as advertised.

I actually knew you would pick me up on that, but do rivets count if you can't see them? (I hope not as both my boats have a lot less rivets below water line than they were built with!)

Alan, It's the other way round. Rivets don't count, people count them!

George ex nb Alton retired

I do not need to buy Seaford return to the UK full time and sort it out. Combination of yarwoods town class and h2 is of no interest to me. Repeat repeat. Why would I give up 40 degrees bush fires hail storms and serious pollution issues for that.... Why did I dream I was back on the boats last night. My subconcious must be ignored. Fenny in the ' summer and work in the winter is ok repeat again...

Is SEAFORD sold already as it has been removed from the Apollo Duck website, or is the owner just testing the water for a future sale ?

Apart from the extreme lack of detail in the advert that's now gone, on the face of it it seemed very cheap compared to other full length GUCCCo boats with a cabin conversion on offered over recent years.

Well it did to me, anyway, though obviously I have not seen it.

If it was genuinely being offered at that kind of price, I would not expect it to have hung around long!

Has Mecca recently lost a bit more off the asking, or was it already down to this level - I've stopped following them closely, having been firmly told I've now got enough!

Greenlaw is for sale with ABNB if you're after a converted big Woolwich.

http://www.abnb.co.uk/boat_pages/2827web/2827mobile.php?BoatID=2827

I enquired about Greenlaw and was told it had been sold already subject to survey - that was in November, so it must have fallen through.

Originally on the market as long ago as last Summer, from memory, but I can't recall the starting price then.

Edited by alan_fincher