WTF a Patrol Notice

Kiwidad

Featured Posts

who the heck do these crt volunteers/linesmen think they are ? jumped up police or upholders of the law according to what authority.

I believe that under common law they have no more rights than you or I and would challenge them.

The waterways belong to us the people ,CRT/BW are paid by us to maintain the waterways ,not to hinder or disaffect their paymasters.

• Greenie 1

The waterways belong to us the people ,CRT/BW are paid by us to maintain the waterways ,not to hinder or disaffect their paymasters.

You're new here aren't you? Whilst I agree with what you say (above) you'll find out that the reality is CaRT's attitude seems to if anything more authoritarian than BW. If you look at the language they use it's about "compliance" than co-operation, "transgressors" not overstayers, the tone they use now is more like that of a mulit-national corporation that a charitable trust.

• Greenie 1

I said "if"

Why stop there?

There are 3,000,235 imaginary scenarios in this case beginning with 'if' - your 'if' sir, was addressed in response to nigeljan's use of the word 'challenge' - which is a a legitimate thing to do if someone puts an unfounded notice on your boat and does in no way imply the violence you suggest.

Why stop there?

There are 3,000,235 imaginary scenarios in this case beginning with 'if' - your 'if' sir, was addressed in response to nigeljan's use of the word 'challenge' - which is a a legitimate thing to do if someone puts an unfounded notice on your boat and does in no way imply the violence you suggest.

I am sorry I am not playing your games. I said what I said and there it is.

• Greenie 4

That would be the authority of CRT who use the licence terms and teh various acts concerning the management of the waterways that we all need to obey.

They are not volenteers just yet but would be no matter if they were and these people are going about there role on behalf of CRT in a lawful manor. If you tried to stop them (particularly forcibly) then it could be you in the dock for assault or similar. They may have got it wrong in this case but I support CRT policing the mooring terms. I hope that the problem can be dealt with by a phone call to CRT.

As for ownership you seem to think you have even if it were so it does not mean you can do what you like. You still need to obey the licence terms you have agreed to when obtaining your licence.

Well I never,he got a greenie thingy for this.

This does all seem to be making a big issue where none exists.

A patrol makes a mistake, either through his own interpretation or due to being misled by the data he has. A quick phone call should sort it out.

IF however CRT get on their high horse and start ranting and raving then we need to know as there would appear to be a breakdown in the system. If it is just a simple mistake it could all be sorted out with smiles all round.

This does all seem to be making a big issue where none exists.

A patrol makes a mistake, either through his own interpretation or due to being misled by the data he has. A quick phone call should sort it out.

IF however CRT get on their high horse and start ranting and raving then we need to know as there would appear to be a breakdown in the system. If it is just a simple mistake it could all be sorted out with smiles all round.

Wise words.

Peter.

I have not contacted CRT, as I am moving on anyway. Given that I have since heard that one other boater also received a notice, I figure the others were just lucky.

I do not want to make an issue of it, in case my friends near me, who can't move at the moment, get undue attention.

At the end of the day, I have stayed here more than 14 days in the last 6 months, despite travelling extensively in the last 6 months, coupled with being stuck here due to floods and stoppages.

I have not contacted CRT, as I am moving on anyway. Given that I have since heard that one other boater also received a notice, I figure the others were just lucky.

I do not want to make an issue of it, in case my friends near me, who can't move at the moment, get undue attention.

At the end of the day, I have stayed here more than 14 days in the last 6 months, despite travelling extensively in the last 6 months, coupled with being stuck here due to floods and stoppages.

.....and there is no good reason you shouldn't have been able to stay more than 14 days in the last 6 months! It would have been interesting to know C&RT's response had you rung them. It would also perhaps have corrected their records which will now show you as having overstayed when you haven't! This afterall is the same place that a few got overstaying notices just before a fishing match, and when contacted, C&RT admitted they had put the notices on non-overstayers, in order to try and clear the area for the fishermen!!

Your decision I personally would rather not be on the CRT computer as a Non Complisnt Continuois Cruiser the next time you overstay anywhere for whatever reason you will get a CC2 and then your troubles will begin

Just out of interest why did you come on here complaining if you had no intention of doing anything about it?

Just out of interest why did you come on here complaining if you had no intention of doing anything about it?

I am not sure he came on here complaining so much(maybe a lot of suprise), but just highlighting the lack of consistency and accuracy with the electronic recording system which this so blatantly shows.

This seems very unfortunate KD.

There is no need to get the others into trouble by querying the patrol notice and from what John says, the chance to potentially save yourself a load of future trouble. The thing is, they have already issued one Patrol Notice in error, so you might get another if you don't tell them. There might also be a perfectly sound explanation for it.

If it were me I would definitely give them a call, it doesn't have to be confrontational. I would take the line that as far as I knew, I had been cruising within the rules and the Notice shows I can't have been, so I must have mis-interpreted them. Could they clarify how I broke the rules so I can avoid further notices. No need to mention other boaters getting notices or not.

What does the notice actually say exactly, please? I can't see it mentioned in any of the previous posts. Thanks,

Your decision I personally would rather not be on the CRT computer as a Non Complisnt Continuois Cruiser the next time you overstay anywhere for whatever reason you will get a CC2 and then your troubles will begin

CM,

What does a CC1 say, and a CC2 please? And could you expand on how a CC2 leads to troubles beginning please? It all seems very dark, mysterious and worrying to me. Thanks.

MtB

Agree with you on both counts

Actually, I weighed up my choices after everyone's considered and valued opinions

Edited by Kiwidad