Celebrity boats

Annie Girl

Featured Posts

Once had Toyah Wilcox come boating with us for half a day.

She must have been free that day :)

But why only half a day? It'th a mythtery...

Theo paphitis has a nb on the Thanes I believe

I wonder if he has Duncan Banatyne in the welldeck so he can tell when he's clear of tunnels?

But why only half a day? It'th a mythtery...

:lol:

Theo paphitis has a nb on the Thames I believe

Theo Paphitis?

I thought that was a sexually transmitted disease! :wacko:

Edited by Doorman

At the first IWA National I went to (Titford 1982) I recall seeing Peter Davison sailing off in a new narrowboat with his then wife Sandra Dickinson

Tim

They spent quite a lot of time hanging around Brummagem Boats Ltd. (and Brummagem Boats Ltd. staff spent a lot of time 'sucking up' to them), and a few photographs of them on Brummagem Boats Ltd. boats appeared in Waterways Wold at the time. I was living at Sherborne Street Wharf back then and Peter Davidson did buy me a pint once but to be honest celebrity's did not really interest me back then, and still don't interest me now - not unless they are an interesting person with something worth saying.

Edited by pete harrison

Davison appeared on a canal video some years ago (I think it may have been a hire firm's instruction video) but I'm not sure if he was ever a boater in reality.

Saw him on stage in London last year in 'Legally Blonde', he still has charisma as an actor.

to be honest celebrity's did not really interest me back then, and still don't interest me now - not unless they are an interesting person with something worth saying.

Well that narrows it down tremendously I'd say.

Here is a Celebrity boat we came across on our travels :P

Century.jpg

(Celebrity Century anchored behind the breakwater at Holyhead)

We don't get many of them through Fall Ings, Nancy who had the local chippy came through back end of last year, and Walt Forrester who was a blacksmith at one of the local collieries comes through quite frequently and that's about all the celebrity's I recognise.

:closedeyes:

Edited by Skye