Three Prospective Buyers coming this weekend

Black Ibis

Featured Posts

Another couple just showed up to look at the boat out of the blue this afternoon, friends of friends who'd heard we were selling. Nice coincidence since we were all set up to show round the couple who didn't show and so the boat was ready for viewing!

Another couple just showed up to look at the boat out of the blue this afternoon, friends of friends who'd heard we were selling. Nice coincidence since we were all set up to show round the couple who didn't show and so the boat was ready for viewing!

So back to 3

We spent ages prepping our old boat for selling, i did all the little jobs, made sure everything in the boat worked as it should, serviced the engine and cleaned the boat to a ridiculus level internally, dressed the boat to sell, even down to tidying the drawers and cupboards so if opened they looked neat and smart.

I also included a new service battery bank in with the sale.

On the day of viewings i took them out for a trip if they wanted, and made sure they got a chance to steer and bond with the boat a little. Fresh scones and tea, beer or wine to keep it all friendly. All very cheap to do and really helps sell the lifestyle.

I was asking top money and i felt there was no excuse for poor presentation, i've looked at loads and loads of boats for sale over the years, few, i thought, were presented in a way that made me feel i was a valued customer viewing an multi thousand pound potential purchase.

It worked for me.

Sorry to hear that. So are you pinning your hopes on the people who came first yesterday?

Well we actually had two come yesterday, as another couple showed up out of the blue. Not pinning hopes on anyone in particular and are working on improving the ad.both on the blog and on AD.

Bear in mind the usual advice (especially on here) is to go and look at plenty of boats.

The result of this is that plenty of people are looking at boats - and hardly likely to tell you yours is the first one of a large number they might look at.

Unfortunately you don't know in advance how serious any particular viewer might be.

Good luck and keep yer tail's up.

-All three

We're not too dispirited. We're in no particular hurry to sell, as the new boat isn't yet ours, and wouldn't be liveable for a bit anyway.

At least it was a beautiful sunny day, so I took lots more photos and updated the Apollo Duck advert. The link is below in my signature, and any feedback on it would be welcome.

We're not too dispirited. We're in no particular hurry to sell, as the new boat isn't yet ours, and wouldn't be liveable for a bit anyway.

At least it was a beautiful sunny day, so I took lots more photos and updated the Apollo Duck advert. The link is below in my signature, and any feedback on it would be welcome.

Good for you. The right person will come along, no worries, the boat's too good to pass up.

Run engine for an hour before they turn up, then it will start first turn of the key, and very important, hide the Easystart :P

Personally I wouldn't do that - I'd always be suspicious of any vehicle I'd come to look at which had been pre-warmed up. It makes me think the vendor is trying to hide something. I want to see how an engine cold starts.

• Greenie 1

Noteverybdy would agree, BR. We ran the engine of our last boat on the morning that the first prospective buyers were coming to view the boat. It was an old design of engine and ran smoky at first. The people bought the boat.