Moorings on the great ouse

Puckle

Featured Posts

Think there is quite a few moorings about BUT depends on what sort of boat and mooring you want. Some of best little marinas on the Ouse are non residential and some non narrowboat too. Could try LH Jones at St Ives but Im sure they dont do residential. Best ask them though as I could well be wrong.

LH JONES website

Priory Marina

Edited by PaulJ

Nice small marina around the back of Eaton Socon lock by the River Mill pub.Puts you smack dab in the middle of my favourite part of the river.Head down to Barford on a weekday and you'd be lucky to see another boat.Priory is stupidly expensive now, £5600 for a residential berth. Nice place to be but doing Cardington and Castle Mill locks every time you go for a cruise can wear a bit thin after a while (especially singlehanded).There's another small marina in the centre of St Neots that used to have a small number of narrowboats as well.

How about the Lazy Otter

I was there for 6 weeks. Cost was OK. James the marina owner could be a bit tough to track down. The pub is great. There is electric on some moorings. There are 2 or 3 livaboards there. I suspect that due to e demise of e fish and duck marina up the river, there won't be any moorings available, but worth a try. There are only 25 or so berths.