Length of pole......

jckm2000

Featured Posts

I don't see why there would be planning requirements

unless it was a resi mooring

in which case you'd most probably have electric so wouldn't need a wind genny

We're on the River Cam, central Cambridge. No shore power.

C.

I wouldn' notify anyone especially a council. Erect the pole so it's reasonably easy to remove, you don't need planning permission for something that can be easily removed.

Quite so. You don't need PP for temporary erections.

MtB

We're on the River Cam, central Cambridge. No shore power.

C.

If it's on the boat, no worries.

If at the Penny Ferry, you should be alright, just take it down if there's any issues.

If you're thinking of putting one on the bank when you get a residential mooring here, on one of the commons, I'm afraid you can't; we're not allowed to change or put anything in or on the banks bar mooring pins. People get into hot water for trimming the grass, let alone erecting a turbine mast.

The main thing, though, is that I'd say not to bother. We had a decent Rutland 913 on a 4m pole out at Bottisham where it's very open and exposed to the Fenland winds, and also in the centre of town for a bit, and got next to nothing out of it. We're much better off with the solar we got to replace it.

Quite so. You don't need PP for temporary erections.

MtB

Kenneth-Williams.jpg

Ooooohhh, Matron.....!

Edited by FadeToScarlet

Thanks for the replies. I'm planning to fit to the boat and only to help the solar/genny setup we have. Just hoping that it might help with absorbtion charge from time to time.

We have a Rutland on our yacht snd I reckon it robs us of more power by the shadow it casts on the solar panels than it provides.

I'm fitting a more powerful gen away from the panels.

Cheers,

C.

Edited by jckm2000