The Anchor at Salterforth

Travis

Featured Posts

yay four times I have called in last summer arrived about 5 to order five meals (not all for me ) told each time your too late or we don't serve food on a Friday once we were told don't serve food only on a Friday if he smiled I would have looked behind me for death coming to get me ,,,

I have to say that was never my experience, I do recall on one occasion they had stopped serving food and the bar staff said they'd ask the chef if he'd re-open the kitchen which he did.

Can't say the food was ever spectacular but it was reasonably priced.

We did have some strange experiences like 6 of us sitting at a nice corner table only to be told by the landlord that he was sitting there to watch the match/olympics or whatever on the big screen. quite how we were supposed to know that I never worked out..

Just having returned from a prolonged tea-time sesh I would like to agree with all your comments. Happy Days are here again! :rolleyes:

Oh Happy memories

In the late eighties /early nineties we were often found having a few in there,

Before any boat safety system came along there was an old boy with two twenty foot ish plastic cruisers joined together back to back with a waterwheel for propulsion at the rear of one of them. He was often moored there at weekends.

Many pints were consumed, and when my new pair are mobile I freely intend to come and taste the beer again for a session or two on my way around the system. Just to check if you are correct about the good ale.

• Greenie 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Called in last monday. place seemed cleaner and slightly brighter (maybe bigger bulbs !) but the food menu has changed its still all pretty standard pub fayre, gammon, fish and chips, steak etc. We had Sirloin pork steaks (£8.95) and they did a gluten free apple fritter for my wife. (several of the items could be ordered gluten free) to go with it. Everything freshly cooked. we really enjoyed the food and the prices were reasonable. A couple of decent pints of beer too.

The landlord said he'd been in about 6 months. We'll be happy to call again when we're next passing.