Nauticus 27 windscreen

Featured Posts

Hello all, I'm new to the site and was wondering if anyone was able to help me please. I've just purchesed a nauticus 27 and want to make it as original as possible. We are wanting to start with the aluminium windscreen over the years someone has replace it with a wooden one. Does anybody know of where I can get a replacement or have one manufactured to fit. Been looking all over the web and so far hit a brick wall. So any information would be great.

Thanks in advance

Andrea

Hello all, I'm new to the site and was wondering if anyone was able to help me please. I've just purchesed a nauticus 27 and want to make it as original as possible. We are wanting to start with the aluminium windscreen over the years someone has replace it with a wooden one. Does anybody know of where I can get a replacement or have one manufactured to fit. Been looking all over the web and so far hit a brick wall. So any information would be great.

Do you know how old it is, does it have a number?

There were at least three versions made, the early ones tended not to last, were held on with small brackets, later versions had a fibregalss plinth held on with bolts, eventually these were replaced with an incorporated plinth and clamp bolts.

They were made in four pieces which folded inwards, you should be able to source the aluminium extrusion, but ideally need someone who has an original pattern of the same style to measure!

Her number is 143 she was built middle of 1973 by malcolm thomas plastics. Which I am to believe is the original manufacturer. Any kind of information that could help us would be much appreciated. I have been in touch with a few aluminium companies but had no replies.

• 4 years later...