low cost battery chargers

waterworks

Featured Posts

Don't know the charger in question but for 2x110ah batteries I'd be tempted to go for the 30A.I've been using a cheapo 20A for nearly five years, does the job ok and gives batteries an easy life but the offset in less time spent running genny will be worthwhile.ETA:CTEK do 3 stage 30A chargers for about £120, how much is that Durite?

Edited by JDR

If a shoreline user then the gentle charge will help the battery life especially if it keeps the batteries permanently in the float condition. If you use a generator then a much larger and cleverer charger will help to save the generator fuel, life and noise by charging a low SOC battery to fully charged in a reasonable short time.

• Greenie 1

Don't know the charger in question but for 2x110ah batteries I'd be tempted to go for the 30A.I've been using a cheapo 20A for nearly five years, does the job ok and gives batteries an easy life but the offset in less time spent running genny will be worthwhile.ETA:CTEK do 3 stage 30A chargers for about £120, how much is that Durite?

Could you please tell me where to get the 30amp CTEK for that price please, thanks.

Could you please tell me where to get the 30amp CTEK for that price please, thanks.

I've had a look and CTEKs are a lot more expensive than when I was looking for one last year.

The M200s (15A) are listed by CTEK as £125.99 incl VAT

The M300s are now listed at £193.99 incl VAT

Sorry for getting your hopes up.

Hi, Our boat is on a shoreline and has a £62.00 Numax fit and forget 10 amp charger looking after x4 110ah leisure batteries quite satisfactory. I fitted it 5 weeks ago and to date has consumed only £1.20 in electricity!. This set up suits our needs but will not be for everyone.

I've had a look and CTEKs are a lot more expensive than when I was looking for one last year.

The M200s (15A) are listed by CTEK as £125.99 incl VAT

The M300s are now listed at £193.99 incl VAT

Sorry for getting your hopes up.

Darn lol, well thanks anyway. My £1500 Mastervolt Mass 12/80 has almost given up the ghost, its become very tempremental, bought Mastervolt 8 years ago because was told they are the best.... yea right :(