Funny looking boat outside The Globe Southern GU

Marky_Mark

Featured Posts

That's why we always try to moor a bit nearer to the bridge. I remember a few years ago when a BMW came out of the car park there and basically just failed to turn right, so it went straight in. It proved how good the BMW electrics were, the headlights just kept right on shining.

One of the best for us there was once when we moored there for New Years Eve. The pub had a great party, and at one point the Conga line came out of the pub's side door, in through the boat's front door, out of the boat's rear doors, and back into the pub through the front door.

Unless you own a crane, or can lend them another plated cab, I'm not sure what help most of us could offer.

Personally I find it very worrying if the owner of a licensed cab can manage that at that location - that could have been full of unsuspecting passengers some of whom might not have been as lucky as the result has apparently ended up being.

Why? Are licensed cab owners blessed with any more common sense or driving skills than any other car driver? If it was a private car full of unsuspecting passengers it would be not as serious then?

Perhaps its ok to drown a passenger as long as they are not paying for the privilege.

Regards

Ditchdabbler

Why? Are licensed cab owners blessed with any more common sense or driving skills than any other car driver? If it was a private car full of unsuspecting passengers it would be not as serious then?

Perhaps its ok to drown a passenger as long as they are not paying for the privilege.

Lighten up!

If I call a taxi, I have to hope that the driver is equal to the task of getting me from A to B safely, and I think it is reasonable to expect they will stay out of canals.

I also know some appalling drivers, probably quite capable of something like this. I'd hate to think of some of them let loose on a fare-paying public, though.

Lets face it - you would really have to work at it to achieve what's been done here, particularly if the driver does it for his livelihood, (driving, I mean - not submarining).

I own a boat with a planked over hold, but trust me, at that location the planed over hold wouldn't enter in to it. Any vehicle attempting to leave the towpath where a boat was moored would potentially put a dent into the boat, or at least take off some blacking, but would certainly be too low down to end up on a decked area!

I really must get one of those tongue-in-cheek smileys.

That's why we always try to moor a bit nearer to the bridge. I remember a few years ago when a BMW came out of the car park there and basically just failed to turn right, so it went straight in. It proved how good the BMW electrics were, the headlights just kept right on shining.

That's odd I always thought German car electrics were crap as most BMW/Audi/Merc's indicators don't seem to work!

• Greenie 1

Where is it then?

Presuming down south somewhere.

Ooops! Should have read title more closely!!!

Just north of Linslade/Leighton Buzzard it's a sharp turn out of the pub car park , but normally taken fairly slowly as its a busy area with people drinking/smoking. Pretty deep you can get a working boat alongside. We try and moor nearer the bridge to get away from headlights and pub noise, we've woken up with pint glasses on the roof before now, not ours.. It's a popular place so I am surprised the taxi got it so wrong.

We were moored here a couple of weeks ago and like most boaters we both used the car park. The turning out is vey sharp, there are often kids/dogs/fisherman that you can't see until you have actually turned the corner. More than once I had to reverse back into the car park(which was flooded as well), to enable the other car to pass. With the weather being so foul this would not have helped with vision, mistakes can be made.

Just north of Linslade/Leighton Buzzard it's a sharp turn out of the pub car park , but normally taken fairly slowly as its a busy area with people drinking/smoking. Pretty deep you can get a working boat alongside. We try and moor nearer the bridge to get away from headlights and pub noise, we've woken up with pint glasses on the roof before now, not ours.. It's a popular place so I am surprised the taxi got it so wrong.

He only got it two thirds wrong, one third is still sticking out.