Tidal Locks availability leaflet download

Featured Posts

Hi

I'm trying to download the current Tidal Locks Availability leaflet without much success - most links I find dump me back at the CRT website homepage or bring up 2011.

Specifically I'm looking for Brentford Lock times for the next 10 days.

Does anyone have a copy or a download link which works please?

It's not easy to find out this information as we all call it Brentford Lock but it is in fact Thames Lock Grand Union (no 101 in fact).

The best place for information currently is St Pancras Cruising Club. Their Thames Guide is here.

The important bit is as follows:

Thames Lock, Brentford

Lock will be manned either side of high water during the following core hour periods.

Pre-booked passage outside of core hours will be available within the period 0500 - 2200 hours subject to tide conditions.

0800 - 1800 Summer 28th March - 31st October

0800 - 1630 Winter 1st November - 31st March

Note: Passage outside normal hours:

Boaters requiring passage outside of stated core hours will need to pre-book giving British Waterways notice no later than noon of the previous day, or earlier if possible.

Edited by Leo No2

I am trying to maintain an up to date list of links here: http://indigodream.wordpress.com/2012/08/23/boat-blog-thames-tideway-information/

Staffing hours are now getting shorter. Do ring the lock well in advance and make a booking, that way they will stay on duty till you get there providing that there is still depth over the cill. If we are going down to Limehouse we give them a second ring to confirm that we are on our way as soon as we leave Teddington and that way confirm that we are expected.

I am trying to maintain an up to date list of links here: http://indigodream.wordpress.com/2012/08/23/boat-blog-thames-tideway-information/

Staffing hours are now getting shorter. Do ring the lock well in advance and make a booking, that way they will stay on duty till you get there providing that there is still depth over the cill. If we are going down to Limehouse we give them a second ring to confirm that we are on our way as soon as we leave Teddington and that way confirm that we are expected.

Yup thanks - the link's buried deep on that London Waterways Noticeboard.

the document is a PDF with the title 'Microsoft Word - 4' and called 1383.pdf which is why the CRT search can't find it!