Tungsten tipped rust removal wheel

plainsman

Featured Posts

A couple of Crick Shows back there was a product being demonstrated that dramatically removed rust. It was in the form of a flexible wheel with hard tungsten tips. Looked a bit like a water wheel. The wheel fitted in to the chuck of a normal elec drill like a sanding disc. It was available as a single, double or triple wheel arrangement. I got one of these (£60) to take back the blacking which it did very quickly and effectively. Trouble is someone borrowed it and has since 'lost' it.

Does anyone have any knowledge of this product, recall the make/supplier? I've looked at the back issues of the Crick Boat Show for exhibitors but no luck. Records only go to 2011. I think I saw it in 2009/08.

Your post reminded me of a thread I've seen on here

I typed 'scabbler' into the search engine and came up with one of the tools called 'Perago'

Typing Perago into the search engine brings up this (clicky) list of threads

Maybe what you are looking for is there

Probably the same company was demo'ing them at this years Crick show as well.

perago-multi-300x287.jpg

You can buy a single row at a time but even one is expensive. They can be stacked as shown above to give greater coverage.

The wheels that mount on a polisher spindle can also be bought here:

http://www.refina.co.uk/acatalog/Marine___Steel_Prep.html

cheers, Pete.

~smpt~

Edited by smileypete