Norfolk Broads search uncovers bodies

Featured Posts

There is breaking news of a missing hire boat in Norfolk with police searching for the parents of a 13 year old girl and sections of the river shut off? Police are searching for a couple last seen on a boat in Norfolk, after a 13-year-old girl was found on board alone.

The alarm was raised late on Saturday afternoon after a member of the public realised a hire boat had not been returned.

Police found the boat moored to a tree near Salhouse Little Broad and the girl was found unharmed on board.

She spent the evening in police custody and is expcted to be spoken to by specially-trained officers later today.

The boat has been recovered and returned to a boat yard at Horning where it will be examined.

Officers are continuing their search of the water along a mile-long stretch of the river near the Hoveton area from Salhouse Broad to Wroxham Broad.

Enquiries are on-going to determine the circumstances surrounding the incident and to establish the whereabouts of the 13-year-old girl's parents.

Edited by The Bagdad Boatman (waits)

Hi

Is sky news available to all ? Just wondered as i have heard of it but never seen it.

Tim

Sky news is available worlwide , we get it here in NZ, but like us it is not usually free to air. Likely its part of a B sky B package along with other news / current affairs / Nat Geo etc . We saw this article early am our time , sad story but a little puzzling too.

Are there any clues? The possibilities would seem to be that:

- the girl killed the adults (who I assume were her parents).

- The adults killed each other.

- The adults committed suicide.

- Somebody else killed the adults.

- It was a tragic accident.

Although we are in the Anglia News TV region I have heard nothing further about this regrettable incident.

Are there any clues? The possibilities would seem to be that:

- the girl killed the adults (who I assume were her parents).

- The adults killed each other.

- The adults committed suicide.

- Somebody else killed the adults.

- It was a tragic accident.

Although we are in the Anglia News TV region I have heard nothing further about this regrettable incident.

Its a Murder enquiry. The child is not a suspect

Police news release:

Officers from Norfolk and Suffolk's Major Investigation Team can confirm that the death of a woman on the River Bure at the weekend is now being treated as suspicious. The bodies of a man and a woman, both thought to be aged in their 40s and believed to be from Surrey area, were discovered in water yesterday afternoon by divers close to where the boat containing the 13 year old child had previously been discovered. Home Office forensic post mortems which began this morning (Monday 3 September 2012) at the James Paget Hospital, showed that the woman had died before entering the water and is likely that the cause of death was strangulation. The man is believed to have died through drowning. His death is not being treated as suspicious. Formal identification on both people has not taken place. The woman requires forensic identification procedures which could take up to 48 hours. The formal identification for the man will not take place until tomorrow. The boat continues to be examined. Detective Superintendent Jes Fry, of the joint Norfolk and Suffolk Major Investigation Team, who is overseeing the investigation, said: "Our concerns remain for the welfare of the 13 year old girl and her family and we would ask that members of the media refrain from contacting them and respect their privacy at this extremely difficult time. We are not looking for anyone else in connection with this incident. Both deaths will now be referred to the Coroner and a file will be prepared for the inquest."

Hi

Is sky news available to all ? Just wondered as i have heard of it but never seen it.

Tim

He means that there is a topic with that title.

N

Just merged the two topics.

N

Edited by Theo
Mistype

I wonder why the girl didn't contact anyone, I don't know of any 13 year olds without a phone these days unless she was so frightened do to knowing what had happened to her mother. It must be shear hell for her.

My brother didn't allow his girls to have phones until they were 17. Apart from which is the signal any good there?

My brother didn't allow his girls to have phones until they were 17. Apart from which is the signal any good there?

Which would mean that they were 13 more than 4 years ago, lots of things have changed in 4 years and I bet even then they were in the minority. I did say most kids of 13 have phones these days.

Interesting point you make on signals. I hired a boat a few weeks back and the hire company said

" Ring this number if you have a problem " I enquered on the likelihood of a signel, I don't think they had even considered it.