Paddington or Camden

WJM

Featured Posts

It's restricted until 10 September (I think that's the right date). There is a barrier accross the cut just before you get the the pool. Might be worth messaging Jenlyn as he is down there right now.

Actually, just founds this:

''From 3rd July to 10th September 2012 a mooring control zone will be in place on: The Regent’s Canal, from Little Venice to Limehouse Basin; Hertford Union Canal; Limehouse Cut; River Lee Navigation from Bow Locks to above Hackney Marshes (Lea Bridge Road).

Anyone who doesn’t have a home mooring or hasn’t pre-booked a visitor mooring will be asked to leave these zones for the duration of this period.

From 24th June to 10th September 2012 moorings will also be temporarily suspended along a short section of the River Lee Navigation between the A12 and the A11 road bridge in Bromley-by-Bow, and a short section of the eastern end of the Hertford Union Canal, in Hackney Wick.

In addition to temporary mooring restrictions, there will also be restrictions to boat movements in this area, from the 3rd July to 10th September 2012. Boaters wishing to travel along the River Lee Navigation through the area will be required to pre-book passage during two daily navigation windows, from 6-9am and then from 7-9pm.

From 3rd July to 10th September 2012 both the Hertford Union Bottom Lock and Commercial Road Lock on the Regent’s Canal will also be closed.''

Either side of the control zone there are a lot of moored boats. CRT lifted the 14 day rule for cruisers until 10 September, so if they seen like they're not moving, then there's your reason.

Edited by Lady Muck

It's restricted until 10 September (I think that's the right date). There is a barrier accross the cut just before you get the the pool. Might be worth messaging Jenlyn as he is down there right now.

Where is the barrier? By 'the pool' I presume you mean Little Venice? and the barrier? - at the western or the eastern entrance?

Little Venice is packed, 3-4 abreast in places. They have removed the barrier at the water point in little Venice, but there is a black prince boat in the pool that they seem to be using for a control point. Paddington basin is virtually empty but they will not let you moor there (even with shiny boat and blossoms on the roof). Kensal rise was also busy, maybe room for 2 boats when I left yesterday. Boats are moored from Kensal rise to little Venice, which I have not seen before. The 14 day rule is suspended, so no one seems to be moving. The atmosphere in the area is great and you will probably be able to moor somewhere, tho breasting up.

Thanks for the info - I am only passing through for a couple of nights so I will probably be ok to pitch up on any reasonable space.

Be prepared for many trips down the weed hatch, especially when coming through greenford by the black horse and the duckweed from kensal to paddington is diabolical.

If it is not a stupid question; who is moored in Camden then? People who paid for Olympic moorings? Are there any 'day passes' or possibilities to navigate through?

You can navigate through, ring CRT's number and talk to the Olympic squad and book passage.

Thanks, that was just the info. I was looking for. Does any one know how long it might take to clear the backlog of boats wanting to go East. Will everybody want to head east on the 11.September and, assuming we are at the back of the line somewhere out at Kensal, how long might we have to wait till we can get into the first lock up at Camden? Is there any one out there with any experience of this sort of situation?

Thanks, that was just the info. I was looking for. Does any one know how long it might take to clear the backlog of boats wanting to go East. Will everybody want to head east on the 11.September and, assuming we are at the back of the line somewhere out at Kensal, how long might we have to wait till we can get into the first lock up at Camden? Is there any one out there with any experience of this sort of situation?

......you think ALL those boats are waiting to go East....... :lol:

Allied to another thread on here dealing with another local topic, I suspect that when the September 11 embargo is lifted the rush eastwards will be lethargic at very least! :-)

along the lines of.....

Oh, bugger, we have to start moving every 14(or so) days again now

Allied to another thread on here dealing with another local topic, I suspect that when the September 11 embargo is lifted the rush eastwards will be lethargic at very least! :-)

I hope you are right because we will be trying to get up to Bishop's Stortford. I guess I am mostly worried about the potential number of boats normally resident in the restricted zone who were kicked out, and who having spent the exil time as close to 'home' as they could, presumably will be wanting to return to thier favourite spot as soon as possible.

That route is only for true heroes! :captain:

Unfortunately we will be chartering so are not allowed to use the Thames past Brentford anyway. I guess we will just have to sit it out and hope that the rush back into the restricted zone does not take too long to clear.

The 10th is a Monday, I wouldn't expect that much movement 'til the following weekend.