Appeal - Chesterfield Canal

cheshire~rose

Featured Posts

Glad to hear you enjoyed your visit Steven. Sorry I could not be there to say hello.

The Chesterfield Canal Trust stall ar Alvecote had a busy day yesterday with the sun shining and so many friendly people. I managed to sell another 7 bricks :-)

In addition there was a tombola and sales of bric-a-brac. I had almost sold all the bits and pieces when some boaters decided it was a chance to have a clear out and brought me some more stuff.... I soon sold most of that too! folks are so lovely!

so I don't see anyone posting here to advise they have bought a brick recently... any good reason why?

As we tied up in Atherstone last night some people asked how the restoration of the canal was getting on so I told them and they bought two bricks :-)

...and they'd be do doubt delighted to hear that our appeal is currently standing at the princely sum of £3120!

Thanks to all concerned!

I have been struggling to get online for the last 36 hours. Camp beds under the cloths of a historic boat were a cold place to be last night, especially as there is an as yet undiagnosed ingress of water to the bilge and the alternator packing up meant we would not have power for the bilge pump for much longer... my priorities drifted for a moment....

Thanks to RCR we have a working alternator and the bilge pump fairy visited when our back was turned and rigged up an automatic jobbie for us (thank you Paul Barber) and a team arrived from The Trust bearing extra blankets for us refugees

So come on over and see The Chesterfield Canal

Trust at Shackerstone Festival this weekend and buy a brick. you will find Dave and I with Python moored next to the aquaduct and Steve and Eva will be on our stand (known as The James Brindley) which is located opposite the military vehicles. Come and say hello we would all love to see you

Lets see if we can top this fund up this weekend

I might be a bit late with this observation, but is there appeal information and details at the visitors centre? If there is I missed it!

There should be "buy a brick" leaflets and there's information in the 2012 guide books. Sorry if you missed them. When you say "visitors centre", do you mean Hollingwood or Tapton Lock? If the latter, we probably need to put some more in there. I would have hoped there would have been some there though. There's certainly a stock at Hollingwood.

Hi

I as Python Chairman and a trustee would like to thank everyone who has bought a brick in our appeal. At the moment the total raised has gone up to £3125, which is brilliant.

I would also like to thank the numerous people who have sent me good wishes about my health problems, these have been conveyed to me via Cheshire Rose

Pete (boatboss)

I am currently in a rather lovely hostelry with Mr Tuscan who kindly pointed out what a pain it can be when someone else buys the winning ticket for the curry sauce on the tombola meaning he went without lunch snd had to buy a brick instead.

He also pointed out what a pain it is to have to trawl back to find the link for the place to buy a brick.

As I have only been accessing the net via my phone for the last week my blonde status makes adding a link impossible so perhaps I will have to mail someone at The Trust and get that out right

I must also get some more curry sauce!

I have sold another 3 bricks today too :)

It has been a wierd week. We were supposed to have a gentle pootle from Shackerstone on Monday to The Erewash by Sunday on board Python but we waved goodbye to Python on The Erewash at tea time today having completed the trip in 4 days then drove across to Calf Heath and took Carrie~Lou out this evening.

Back to reality... I need to find a shop selling curry sauce as I really do not want to upset Tuscan.

Fantastic total... we just need another little push and find a few people who hve been going to get around to it....

Right I've bought another and sold one so that's another two in the kitty via PayPal. Come on Mike31 .....

Cheshire rose I claim my packet of curry sauce .........no excuses , ..stopped off Crick tonight after 3 months had forgotten how nice the Leicester section is, prefer it to the Ashby. Surprised no pictures tet posted from Shackerstone., lots of boats and over 40 working boats.

Right I've bought another and sold one so that's another two in the kitty via PayPal. Come on Mike31 .....

Flippin heck! I hope you are not expecting commision on all these sales ;)

Cheshire rose I claim my packet of curry sauce .........no excuses , ..stopped off Crick tonight after 3 months had forgotten how nice the Leicester section is, prefer it to the Ashby. Surprised no pictures tet posted from Shackerstone., lots of boats and over 40 working boats.

We will head into Brewood today and I will see what curry sauce is available there just for you Tuscan :wub: Do you have any preference to type (remembering that Brewood is not the curry capital of Staffordshire)

Now I am no longer on NB Python I wonder if I can keep this momentum going among the boaters on the towpath?

Tis Fridaaay when every good boaters mind turns to the subject of it being close to beer o'clock. In the archives of this very forum there are records of the regular Fridaaay visit of the beer fairy to good likkle boaters everywhere.

I wonder if a few of those good likkle boaters will this week grab their wax crayon and rummage around to find an old envelope that they have not played hangman on. Use it to write a note to the beer fairy - suggested wording:

"Dear Beer Fairy, Thank you so much for ensuring my beer ration gets delivered all year round whatever the weather. You are indeed an especially good fairy. I wish to vary my regular order for one week only. Please can you kindly leave me one less bokkle this week and instead I will visit The Chesterfield Canal Trust Website and purchase one of their very finest bricks (and as I have worked so hard for that money I will ensure I add gift aid so the tax man has to cough up his bit too).

Love Hugs & Kisses from a good likkle boater

Go on now people - go and find your wax crayons now Are there 28 people prepared to buy a brick this weekend so that by Monday Morning we reach that total? If you have already bought a brick can you sell one to a friend?

Cheshire Rose - you should be awarded the CBE for your tremendous fund raising pressure efforts!

CBE - Chesterfield Brick Enterprise!

Aww shucks thank you :blush: does it come with a priddy ribbon too?

I need to go and find a few more victims to fleece generous people around here tomorrow I think

As my mum and dad donated the knees for the cuckoo boat, I shall carry on the family tradition of assisting and buy one when I get in from work!!

Dan

May I take this opportunity to say what very fine knees you have in your family :)

.........and what a very generous family you are - fantastic thank you!