Red Diesel...At last the facts!

Roger Gunkel

Featured Posts

On 11/08/2017 at 17:00, DandV said:

We were advised that they are intolerant of low voltage, especially at start up.

What a diplomatically phrased piece of advice that was. I interpret it as "They will not start at all if the battery is not fully charged", which ours won't.

On ‎11‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 21:12, Tom766 said:

Oh no as I'd been paying 40% of my income in tax for many years i've never shirked responsibility in that respect.

Was considering some sort of diesel heater of course.  Wonder how many self employed could say the same :)

I doubt many self employed end up with enough money themselves to pay 40% income tax after paying the employees easy option wages.

• Greenie 1

32 minutes ago, Athy said:

What a diplomatically phrased piece of advice that was. I interpret it as "They will not start at all if the battery is not fully charged", which ours won't.

My understanding is that after a sequence of missed start events the timer module needs an expensive factory reset.

Don

1 hour ago, Machpoint005 said:

You must have been in the wrong business, or employed the wrong people!

Not at all. I simply treat my staff with respect and show appreciation of their time. Most people and especialy the big boys treat the government national minimum wage as a target for their staff and put only their selfish profits first and sod the workers trying to pay their bills and let the tax payer take the strain with benefit payments, this disgusts me. For instance I can lawfuly pay a sixteen to eighteen year old £3.87 per hour and eighteen to twenty year old £5.30 when in fact I pay all age groups a starting minimum wage this includes 16 year olds in fact 15 year olds on occasion when part time £8 per hour. I am not a hero but can sleep at night and understand that work is a two way street. Any business that cannot pay those amounts is either not a viable business or has couldn't care a hoot about employees mentality.

• Greenie 1

Update on the future of red diesel from the RYA. Mainly refers to yotties and Belgium, but: 

Uniform approach

Subsequently, the Minister of Finance’s office advised that due to there being different treatment on how the use of red diesel in pleasure craft is dealt with in different EU member states, Belgian customs has suspended all controls until there has been a debate at EU level to ensure a uniform approach in all member states. This debate is expected to take place on 18 September 2017.

http://www.rya.org.uk/newsevents/news/Pages/rya-issues-latest-red-diesel-update.aspx?utm_campaign=In+Brief+August+2017+-+Non+Member&utm_source=emailCampaign&utm_content=&utm_medium=email