Boat names

Ange

Featured Posts

I think "kazi mingi" means something like "lots of work" in Swahili. This boat name is a good example of why companies launching new products spend time and money ensuring the name of their item is appropriate for the target country!

Indeed yes. It was only after owning a Mitsubishi Pajero for a couple of years that I discovered that 'pajero' means 'w*nker' in Spanish, which I claim to speak - but obviously not fluently enough. I gave the vehicle to my son.

Indeed yes. It was only after owning a Mitsubishi Pajero for a couple of years that I discovered that 'pajero' means 'w*nker' in Spanish, which I claim to speak - but obviously not fluently enough. I gave the vehicle to my son.

And didn't the Nova become the Corsa because 'no va' means 'doesn't go' in Spanish?

My current favourite is moored near to us in Birmingham - Norfolk and Chance. Looks totally innocuous but say it fast ...

I'll even forgive them having large Rosie & Jim dolls in their window!

:)

I like "Wider Wake" for a broad beam.

Whimbrel. Travels all the way up to Scotland to procreate , before flying all the way back to South Africa for the winter..
blink.gif

T####, its a frigate that served in the battle of the alantic dam you!!

Although I sure Alvechurch didn't have that in mind........... Edited by DHutch

it did - and MR2 comes out a bit worrying in French apparently! (I don't do French, so I just accepted what I was told!) ;)

Oh yes... It would be pronounced em (M) air (R ) deux ... Merde ... Which I bet even you can translate!

Edited by Chertsey

We saw a very nice Broom in Wroxham the other day "Norfolk Enchants".

Apperantly that is one of the banned names on the list that you can register a racing horse with.... :rolleyes:

Apologies for the shocking spelling of Apperently

Edited by luctor et emergo

Seen on The Shroppie.

dscf1887z.jpg

And in dozens of other places.

I'm sure they ALL thought they were being original!

I have always liked the name LLAMEDOS As sold at Braunston a few years ago, one i wish i had thought of first!

Rick

As do all the owners of boats of that name.

It is simply a variant of Dylan Thomas's Llareggub

• Greenie 1

We have seen the Broom Norfolk Enchants and often wondered how it gets on when calling up Yarmouth or Lowestoft to leave the Broads and head out to sea. Same with a lot of other boat names as well not very well thought out on most parts.

Current favourites of ours include: Devocean, Miss Conduct, Knot Sure, and too many more to mention.

We do of course like our own boats name as well :cheers:

just seen today on the Lancaster 'On Cloud Wine'

Oh, I know them, they moored near me last winter. he helped me rescue Elvis from under the pontoon. they are splendid people

I'd be interested to know what "unis minor hemma - unis magis nostrum" is supposed to mean. It looks like latin, but it's not.

I met him as well a month or so ago and he did explain what this was supposed to mean. it wasn't memorable enough though