Oh God, this is ace...

Zayna

Featured Posts

We have to get to Stoke by weekend, that's where I've left my car.

Then we'll be mooring somewhere in Cheshire. I can't take this good boat on the Lancaster, no disrespect but I want to see a bit of the country in this boat and the Lancaster is only up there and back down again.

Oh, and me dongle's working now. :cheers:

Zayna, if you can be smitten in Nuneaton, you can be smitten just about anyplace.

Not sure which direction you're going in; The Anchor (or possibly Anker, there is a local river of that name) pub at Hartshill is a good stop - or used to be when we moored nearby at Springwood Haven. If you're going the other way, turn left on to the Ashby Canal and after you've got through Hinckley (good waterside pub: Lime Kilns near the A5) you have 20 miles of winding pastoral tranquillity. Not many shops though, so if you go that way, stock up.

No, The Anchor at Hartshill was still great when we came past it in April or was it May. Free wi-fi, good food, nice land;lord.

However, on the Brewery web site, Everards, there is an advert asking for a new landlord. So not sure if that has happened yet.

Were over a year. You'd have to drag me kicking and screaming back into a house!!

You would only be able to drag my corpse back into a house ;) My only regret is not doing it in my youth :blush:

The people you meet down here are (mostly) priceless

ROCK ON PEOPLE ! :cheers:

No, The Anchor at Hartshill was still great when we came past it in April or was it May. Free wi-fi, good food, nice land;lord.

However, on the Brewery web site, Everards, there is an advert asking for a new landlord. So not sure if that has happened yet.

Anchors still good not sure if landlords changed but either way its was good last weekend.Must have beem summer last week as the open fire you sat in front of in May wasnt burning.

Ian.