Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Barry

Is This A Scam?

Featured Posts

I received this e-mail yesterday morning: -

Notification,

Your parcel can’t be delivered by courier service.

Reason:Address delivery doesn’t exist in database.

LOCATION OF YOUR ITEM:Fayetteville

SERVICE: One-day Shipping

NUMBER OF YOUR PARCEL:U936636352NU

INSURANCE: Yes

The label of your parcel is enclosed to the letter.

Print your label and show it in the nearest post office of USPS

An additional information

If the parcel isn’t received within 30 working days our company will have the right to claim compensation from you for it's keeping in the amount of $12.88 for each day of keeping over limited time.

You can find the information about the procedure and conditions of parcels keeping in the nearest office.

Thank you for your attention.

Royal Mail Customer Services.

Although I shop online regularly I am not waiting for anything to be delivered, certainly not anything from the States (although I was once was surprised some perfume I ordered did come from USA).

I'm wondering if it is a simple e-mail addressing error but am confused by the letter appearing to have originated from USPS (United States Parcel Service?) but the e-mail sender is given as "UK Royal Mail [delivery_status@royalmail.com]"

What do you think?

If those who know about these things say immediately that it is a scam I'll simply delete it. But if there is doubt then my next step will be to contact Royal Mail Customer Services

Notification,

If the parcel isn’t received within 30 working days our company will have the right to claim compensation from you for it's keeping in the amount of $12.88 for each day of keeping over limited time.

You can find the information about the procedure and conditions of parcels keeping in the nearest office.

Although I shop online regularly I am not waiting for anything to be delivered, certainly not anything from the States (although I was once was surprised some perfume I ordered did come from USA).

I'm wondering if it is a simple e-mail addressing error but am confused by the letter appearing to have originated from USPS (United States Parcel Service?) but the e-mail sender is given as "UK Royal Mail [delivery_status@royalmail.com]"

What do you think?

If those who know about these things say immediately that it is a scam I'll simply delete it. But if there is doubt then my next step will be to contact Royal Mail Customer Services

It’s a scam, if you are still worried find royal mail telephone number out of you local phone book do not ring any number on the email, some scams use high rate numbers for there scam.

Notification,

What do you think?

IMO you are being invited to open an attachment (the label of your parcel is enclosed to the letter) and that probably contains a virus

A quick google reveals:

Clicky

It's not the parcel you're expecting from me, btw, as my son's chicken pox has kept me housebound, unable to get to post office. :(

It is easy to make an email appear to come from someone legitimate.

Basically what appears as the sender of a mail can be whatever that sender wants you to see when you open it.

Royal Mail Customer Services are unlikely to be wanting you to print something off and take it to a branch of USPS, (The US Postal Service).

You might struggle to find one of those nearby, anyway!

What do you think?

Appalling grammar and punctuation, typos and errors, plus a nice attachment for you to click on..

scam.

A quick google reveals:

Clicky

It's not the parcel you're expecting from me, btw, as my son's chicken pox has kept me housebound, unable to get to post office. :(

So it isn't the varicella zoster virus in the attachment then

Richard

IMO you are being invited to open an attachment (the label of your parcel is enclosed to the letter) and that probably contains a virus

Appalling grammar and punctuation, typos and errors, plus a nice attachment for you to click on..

scam.

There was no attachment so the scammer seems to be not very good at his chosen employment

Anyone receiving anything like this should stop and think for a moment:

- How would the Royal Mail (or whatever other delivery or courier service it happens to say on the email you receive) know your email address?

- If you order something from Amazon or another supplier and there is a delivery problem, it would be more likely that they would email you, not the delivery company. But, if you had, then you would presumably given them the correct address.

- If THEY have the parcel in their sorting office, what is the point of sending YOU a label for it?

- Does the email address you by name? If you had genuinely ordered something then you would expect it to.

- Are you actually expecting anything to be delivered? If so, check the delivery status with the company you ordered from (such as Amazon). If not, how likely is it that someone would be sending you a parcel but didn't know your correct address.

Anything like this should just flag up "scam" or "virus" and be ignored!

Other variations of this email purport to come from UPS, DHL and other companies. This has been around for y=ears now, but the recent addition is the threat of charging you to look after the parcel, which is presumably designed to make people panic and click the link.

A quick google reveals:

Clicky

Thanks Carl - there is the definitive answer

Don't worry about the parcel I am waiting for from you mate - I'm in no rush

There was no attachment so the scammer seems to be not very good at his chosen employment

If it is any good, your internet security software has removed the attachment before dropping the email into your mail program

Richard

I've been caught out by a similar email. I was in fact expecting something from ebay, and I had a look to what the problem could be.

Yes, I got a nasty Trojan. Took a lot to get rid of it too.

Trojan as in nasty computer thing,not the Narrow Boat that moors not far from Nightwatch, I hasten to add.

Martyn

If it is any good, your internet security software has removed the attachment before dropping the email into your mail program

Richard

If my security system did that it is very reassuring

Would you expect a security system to notify you of such?

(Norton Security 2012)

If my security system did that it is very reassuring

Would you expect a security system to notify you of such?

(Norton Security 2012)

Norton will happily do that, it might tell you - it will definitely have logged it.

Richard

Not really related, but did raise my eyebrows -

I had a parcel from Amazon the other day, I was sure that I hadn't ordered anything from them so was rather curious.

It was actually something I'd bought via ebay, from a company apparently unrelated to Amazon, but came in full Amazon packaging from an address in Scotland.

Are Amazon being scammed for the P&P cost, or is the third party company really Amazon by another name??

Tim

Not really related, but did raise my eyebrows -

I had a parcel from Amazon the other day, I was sure that I hadn't ordered anything from them so was rather curious.

It was actually something I'd bought via ebay, from a company apparently unrelated to Amazon, but came in full Amazon packaging from an address in Scotland.

Are Amazon being scammed for the P&P cost, or is the third party company really Amazon by another name??

Tim

I often parcel stuff up in old Amazon boxes and packaging when I sell things on eBay, perhaps they have just done the same, I do it as it helps keep the P&P costs down as I don't have to charge for packaging I already have.

I often parcel stuff up in old Amazon boxes and packaging when I sell things on eBay, perhaps they have just done the same, I do it as it helps keep the P&P costs down as I don't have to charge for packaging I already have.

No, this was a properly sealed packet, one where you have to tear off a security strip.

Tim

No, this was a properly sealed packet, one where you have to tear off a security strip.

Tim

Not sure then. TBH I'm not familiar with security strips on Amazon packaging, just tape and an address label. :unsure:

- perhaps an Amazon market place seller who also sells on eBay - that said everything I've ever got from an Amazon market place seller has come in their own packaging.

I would say that its poor punctuation, grammar and phraseology indicate a scam.

ETA

I see The Dog House has beaten me to it!

Edited by koukouvagia

I never get scammed, i sent all my money to prince Odoogoo in Nigeria, he's looking after it for me, and he's going to give me a million dollars when he comes over to the UK.

I would say that its poor punctuation, grammar and phraseology indicate a scam.

Or just a typical CWDF post, of course! :lol: