honda outboard

Featured Posts

hi need help going away soon on the river avon ,,,,,i have a Honda 10 hp 2006 as new on slow running after about 10 mins warning buzzer comes on and red light engine runs rough then stops.,, turn the key starts straight away runs lovely then it happens again intermittent if i keep the revs up does not do it water flow ok oil ok any ideas cheers mark

hi need help going away soon on the river avon ,,,,,i have a Honda 10 hp 2006 as new on slow running after about 10 mins warning buzzer comes on and red light engine runs rough then stops.,, turn the key starts straight away runs lovely then it happens again intermittent if i keep the revs up does not do it water flow ok oil ok any ideas cheers mark

Sounds electrical rather than mechanical.

Maybe a heat censor? Scratch and just check all electrical connections. Unlikeley to be fuel related as it starts so easily after cutting out.

Sound like a censor sending a wrong message.

Oil warning light on these was normally blue or green?

When you say oil level is fine, is it on the minimum? It may be dropping below the minimum when running?

If it is restarting straight away, unlikely to be an overheating problem, but check that the water inlet grills are all clear!

thanks lads been on to honda after much talk they came up with the idea it was the impeller so replaced took out water temp switch and cleaned ,been good since went on the avon to the river festival had a great time thanks again mark