Water-ways.......

Ratzend

Featured Posts

I wondered if anyone has any experience of the Water-ways program?

Waterways

I saw it the Crick Boat show and intended to buy a copy when I went back on the Monday, unfortunately I couldn't get back so I bought it online.

It arrived this morning but I don't seem to be able to get a response from the office at Braunston, you have to call them to get an authorisation code. I just wondered if there was normally a delay or maybe closed on Tuesdays.

I have also emailed them but assume they must be busy!

I'm hoping it will be useful for planning and familiarisation on the computer.

Thanks,

Edited by Ratzend

I wondered if anyone has any experience of the Water-ways program?

Waterways

I saw it the Crick Boat show and intended to buy a copy when I went back on the Monday, unfortunately I couldn't get back so I bought it online.

It arrived this morning but I don't seem to be able to get a response from the office at Braunston, you have to call them to get an authorisation code. I just wondered if there was normally a delay or maybe closed on Tuesdays.

I have also emailed them but assume they must be busy!

I'm hoping it will be useful for planning and familiarisation on the computer.

Thanks,

It could be they are boating back from Crick

The E-Canal app looked quite interesting in use, I just wanted to start with a complete map for planning marathon round trip to boat yards etc, not particularly cheap at £130 and not a lot of use if you can't get an activation code :rolleyes:

I also thought it was quite a clever name EureauWeb :)

I've got the Eureauweb program on my home pc & laptop (allowed on one license).

It is very useful and easy to use. Good for planning trips and more useful information than Nicholsons. Needs people to help with updates though, but they are updated on the map every couple of weeks or so.

Do you happen to have any contact numbers for them? Other than the one that comes with the CD and is on the web site?

I just keep getting the answerphone and haven't had any response to email.

It looked a good program when I watched it being demonstrated. I would certainly be happy to update and supply POIs but would just like to start using the program first!

I also want to use it on a laptop and a netbook, it appears the activation codes are specific to the computer so presumably you need 2 codes?

Thanks.

Do you happen to have any contact numbers for them? Other than the one that comes with the CD and is on the web site?

The domain is registered to:

Mike Kelly

Laurel Cottage

Redlands Lane

Crondall

Surrey

GU10 5RF

phone: +012.52851448

fax: +012.52851584

You could try that.

Steve

Brilliant, thank you. I will give them a bit longer in case there is a problem at the office and try that number if not. I am assuming it must be a problem, I can't see they would normally make people wait for activation!

I just keep getting the answerphone and haven't had any response to email.

It looked a good program when I watched it being demonstrated. I would certainly be happy to update and supply POIs but would just like to start using the program first!

I also want to use it on a laptop and a netbook, it appears the activation codes are specific to the computer so presumably you need 2 codes?

Thanks.

To get my copy authorised I sent Mike the details by email, he responded promptly with the code by a return email.

Brilliant, thank you. I will give them a bit longer in case there is a problem at the office and try that number if not. I am assuming it must be a problem, I can't see they would normally make people wait for activation!

I use it, and have done for over 2 years. I regularly send in updates.

Mike is a helpful guy, email I have for him is Mike Kelly [mek@eureauweb.com]

T: 01788 891421

M: 07710 628566

He lives / works at Braunston but may be away. Check the web site at www.eureauweb.com There is usually a notice if they are going to be away.

The only thing I do not like about the software is the route planner, which is laborious to use and not that informative, and the inability to attach your own notes to the POI's or create your own. I understand this might be coming though.

I use it, and have done for over 2 years. I regularly send in updates.

Mike is a helpful guy, email I have for him is Mike Kelly [mek@eureauweb.com]

T: 01788 891421

M: 07710 628566

He lives / works at Braunston but may be away. Check the web site at www.eureauweb.com There is usually a notice if they are going to be away.

The only thing I do not like about the software is the route planner, which is laborious to use and not that informative, and the inability to attach your own notes to the POI's or create your own. I understand this might be coming though.

Thanks, good to hear that it works well.

Am just getting answerphones but will keep trying. Nothing back via email.

Nothing on the site about being away that I can see but I can't log in as a member. According to one section I have an account but according to another I don't!

Hoping it is not because I had to place Liverpool back in Lancashire in order to even register ! :)

Just a bit frustrating but I hope he is not having serious problems.

Thanks, good to hear that it works well.

Am just getting answerphones but will keep trying. Nothing back via email.

Nothing on the site about being away that I can see but I can't log in as a member. According to one section I have an account but according to another I don't!

Hoping it is not because I had to place Liverpool back in Lancashire in order to even register ! :)

Just a bit frustrating but I hope he is not having serious problems.

I have just logged in no problem and downloaded latest update. Keep at it I suppose

• 4 months later...

Firstly, I must apologise for joining up just to post a "rant" on this oldish thread, but I think I have useful experience of Waterway and eureauweb. I purchased the software partly because I had seen it mentioned on these forums.

I purchased the Waterway software and a GPS/SatNav receiver. The CD was delivered promptly and despite some delays in getting activation codes because of my remote location, it appeared to load properly. However, I did not receive the SatNav receiver I had paid for and did not receive a username and password to log into the GeoConcept website which is essential to get updates.

I complained to Mike. He said he would send the receiver and also asserted that the username and password would be issued later.

Over a month later, neither was forthcoming.

It seems to me that if the distinguishing virtues of this software are its integration with SatNav and its regular updates, those two features ought to be delivered. Without them, I had paid £162 for a software version of the Nicholson Guides and little else. And if all you want is the Nicholson Guides, they're much easier to read in book form.

The lack of a paid-for SatNav receiver is just shabby customer service. The lack of a username and password is, I suspect, due to Mike's lack of familiarity with the log in procedures for the new member's section of his partner website - GeoConcept. Anyway, both of those failings need to be fixed before this product is marketable.

Happily, I had paid through Paypal and was able to extract the money back from Waterway. It would be a mistake, in my opinion, to pay Mike by cheque or bank transfer.

I'm still looking forward to our trip around the Great Ring next summer, but we'll do it with the Nicholson Guide books. :)