Ken Field

allybsc

Featured Posts

I'm writing a bit of a history of our boat and I'd like to put a paragraph in about Ken Field who built her but I can't find out much about him. I know that she was built at Brick Lane but that's about it. Did Ken build many boats, was he well regarded? Your all such a hive of info.

Cheers me dears x

I'm writing a bit of a history of our boat and I'd like to put a paragraph in about Ken Field who built her but I can't find out much about him. I know that she was built at Brick Lane but that's about it. Did Ken build many boats, was he well regarded? Your all such a hive of info.

Cheers me dears x

Mike Wooding had his boat Draco built there and knows Ken. see http://www.draco.me.uk/

ken field built my narrow boat and it was launched in 1999 in aldridge on the daw end canal. He had an eye for a good welder (stuart). That's why he got the job. His boats were well welded and with ample frames. He went from there to tipton in about 2002. The last I heard he went to the states but nothing since.

ken

ken field built my narrow boat and it was launched in 1999 in aldridge on the daw end canal. He had an eye for a good welder (stuart). That's why he got the job. His boats were well welded and with ample frames. He went from there to tipton in about 2002. The last I heard he went to the states but nothing since.

ken

Thanks, I looked on Jim Sheads list and there doesn't seem to be many about, although some are listed as Aldridge boat yard.

hi,ken field built our boat in 1999,it would be interesting to find out more.cheers john

Is your boat called Freddy then John?

Edited by allybsc

Thanks, I looked on Jim Sheads list and there doesn't seem to be many about, although some are listed as Aldridge boat yard.

Depends on info submitted on licensing/registration documentation.

Draco is not in the Jim Shead list under Ken Field/KenField!

Ah, you mean "Ken Field the boat butcher" wot was based at Caggy's in Tipton for a while till (I think) he went bust? Or was it boat-bodger? Odana met him and has since recovered.....

Ah, you mean "Ken Field the boat butcher" wot was based at Caggy's in Tipton for a while till (I think) he went bust? Or was it boat-bodger? Odana met him and has since recovered.....

OH! that's not what I wanted to hear :help:

I sold a Ken Field boat called Clodhopper in 2008. It was a 70ft cruiser stern and had spent some years (if I remember correctly) moored in Amsterdam. It was built in 1984.

Saw that at Napton quite a bit. Norfolk name for a plough boy when they use to have horse drawn ploughs, it may also apply to otherparts of the country for all I know

• 2 years later...

Hi

I am the ken field who built boats 1st in aldridge then at caggys yard in tipton

if you know the origonal boat name or owners I can tell you more about your boat

ken

You might be able to help me with something, I met you back in 1998/9 at Aldridge. There was a river class boat there for sale, you showed me around it (you had a cabined over joey as well at the time which you'd fitted iirc a BMC to), I've been to sleep a few times since then and been drunk almost as many times. I don't suppose you can remember the name of the river class boat because I'm buggered if I can.

Cheers.

• 4 months later...

You might be able to help me with something, I met you back in 1998/9 at Aldridge. There was a river class boat there for sale, you showed me around it (you had a cabined over joey as well at the time which you'd fitted iirc a BMC to), I've been to sleep a few times since then and been drunk almost as many times. I don't suppose you can remember the name of the river class boat because I'm buggered if I can.

Cheers.

Hi the one that springs to mind is Ant

I see there is a Ken Field boat for sale that takes a car or Motorcycle on board....pretty nifty idea.

supprising what can be done with an old tailift and a welder

hi ken nice to see you back. Hope all well your wife and sons.

regards

ken tanner

stuart tingay

Nigel and ethna

nice to hear from you all were all well ta

Edited by kentheboat

Fen Field, boatbuilder. Common enough name. Obviously a different bloke. wink.png