STOP IT ! !

Proper Job

Featured Posts

Guest wanted

Perhaps Fuzzy's gone cold turkey.

Kindly leave my avatar out of this thank you.:rolleyes:

Give it a nest will you!

Is Britain's got talons on tonight?

I started using this website very recently, and this is my first post, although I've had a narrowboat for some 25 years. The main reason that I joined was that I want to move my boat off the Wey Navigation, and up to Stourport, and I wanted more information about the state of the Thames. That's how I found you.

The main reason that I'm writing this, is that I totally agree with the reason behind this thread. On this website are serious topics, and not so serious topics. It seems to me that it caters for everyone, and that it brilliant. However, when I go into a 'serious' topic, it always appears, very quickly, to be taken over by the 12 year olds. The topic starts life as a sensible topic, with sensible replies, and then becomes some sort of jousting match.

Can the '12 year old' members not stick to the virtual pub topics, where they can act out their '12 year old selves' to their hearts' content????????

• Greenie 1

Can the '12 year old' members not stick to the virtual pub topics, where they can act out their '12 year old selves' to their hearts' content????????

No I don't think they can and the reason is that they are so far up their own arses and so full of their sense of importance that: -

1) They wouldn't be seen dead in the Virtual Pub

2)They cannot believe that they are wrong so their immense egos will not allow them to STFU

• Greenie 1

I started using this website very recently, and this is my first post, although I've had a narrowboat for some 25 years. The main reason that I joined was that I want to move my boat off the Wey Navigation, and up to Stourport, and I wanted more information about the state of the Thames. That's how I found you.

The main reason that I'm writing this, is that I totally agree with the reason behind this thread. On this website are serious topics, and not so serious topics. It seems to me that it caters for everyone, and that it brilliant. However, when I go into a 'serious' topic, it always appears, very quickly, to be taken over by the 12 year olds. The topic starts life as a sensible topic, with sensible replies, and then becomes some sort of jousting match.

dear dear me.... :rolleyes:

You would be better just 'mucking in' with the rest of new members who make the most of here...

There is a another forum (somewhere) for the self opinionated and this is about boating - sorry...

No I don't think they can and the reason is that they are so far up their own arses and so full of their sense of importance that: -

1) They wouldn't be seen dead in the Virtual Pub

2)They cannot believe that they are wrong so their immense egos will not allow them to STFU

"These are masters of the "me-universe" who expect the world to revolve around the axis of their own ego". :glare:

Edited by Ray T

So a thread requesting the cessation of nastiness is ruined by playful banter! What are we like.? Hope we don't get given the bird.

Edited by Jim Riley

dear dear me.... :rolleyes:

You would be better just 'mucking in' with the rest of new members who make the most of here...

There is a another forum (somewhere) for the self opinionated and this is about boating - sorry...

So how many posts does a new member have to have before they are allowed to express an opinion about the behaviour of some other forum members?

Everyone's allowed an opinion regardless of their post count.

Please can everyone drop this bickering and back stabbing that has appeared of late.

You know who you are and the subject matter

STOP IT......... it's ruining the forum

:angry:

Thank smeg for that. There is a very good reason I am posting relatively little these days. And this is it. I expect there are others out there who feel the same. And as for the people who take the bait every time some pranny posts an intentionally contentious wind up, just stop it.

Consider yourself greenied, Proper Job

So how many posts does a new member have to have before they are allowed to express an opinion about the behaviour of some other forum members?

Everyone's allowed an opinion regardless of their post count.

This has all been covered before Ange...well gone over if I recall correctly...many times....nay many many times....

Guest wanted

My sensible hat on for a sec, I can see what you are saying Davet45 but looking at the bigger picture over the last few days there has been a load of threads that have been pretty full on. PJ asked for it to stop and most agreed. The mods have dealt with the issue for now. For some reason we got onto bird puns, which in my opinion has been a lot more fun than some of the recent threads.

Welcome to the forum, I hope you enjoy it and find it useful. I hope you don't think that I'm trying to ruffle your feathers.

This has all been covered before Ange...well gone over if I recall correctly...many times....nay many many times....

As have many topics on the forum. I'll leave everyone to make their own minds up. Trying to debate with you is a pointless waste of time (it's a discussion forum don't forget - I was trying to enter into a discussion!)

I'm not allowed apparently!

• Greenie 2

As have many topics on the forum. I'll leave everyone to make their own minds up. Trying to debate with you is a pointless waste of time (it's a discussion forum don't forget - I was trying to enter into a discussion!)

I'm not allowed apparently!

OK lets debate -

you have previously accused me of being too hard on new members...

yes or no...

OK lets debate -

you have previously accused me of being too hard on new members...

yes or no...

Yes. If said member is deferent enough then you're fine and helpful with them. It they dare to criticise any member's posting or posting style then you're at them like a rottweiller. At least 2 new members have been driven from the forum on their first day by your aggression and rudeness.

You asked :)