The Shady Oak, Beeston

Junemc153

Featured Posts

Called in at the Shady Oak at Beeston on Saturday. It is under new management and things have improved greatly.

The food is good home cooking at reasonable prices and the new landlord and landlady are trying their best to make a go of it. They also have some real ales too. Had a really tasty home made meat and tater pie with chips and peas - £5.95. Fish and chips £5.95. Good selection of desserts to.

They inherited a lot of the previous tenants debts and have a lot of work to do to make a go of it.

Saturday night they had put on a 70's disco - didn't stay for that but at least they are trying to attract business. There is also a psychic night on 9th May.

I know there has been some negative reviews on the forum in the past but give it a go.

Just for information, I am not in any way connected to the Shady Oak but have visited on a number of occasions and have always enjoyed it there. Having said that the new tenants are doing an excellent job.

[quote name='Junemc153' timestamp='1335784820' post='863924

They inherited a lot of the previous tenants debts and have a lot of work to do to make a go of it.

? :wacko:

Why advertise a Psycic night. Surely they know before

:cheers::clapping:

Called in at the Shady Oak at Beeston on Saturday. It is under new management and things have improved greatly.

The food is good home cooking at reasonable prices and the new landlord and landlady are trying their best to make a go of it. They also have some real ales too. Had a really tasty home made meat and tater pie with chips and peas - £5.95. Fish and chips £5.95. Good selection of desserts to.

Saturday night they had put on a 70's disco - didn't stay for that but at least they are trying to attract business. There is also a psychic night on 9th May.

I know there has been some negative reviews on the forum in the past but give it a go.

Just for information, I am not in any way connected to the Shady Oak but have visited on a number of occasions and have always enjoyed it there. Having said that the new tenants are doing an excellent job.

I really enjoy visiting the shady oak. Often moor there when we go from bunbury and sometimes often drive out to it for sunday lunch

Glad to see its improving

• 1 month later...

I really enjoy visiting the shady oak. Often moor there when we go from bunbury and sometimes often drive out to it for sunday lunch

Glad to see its improving

We went the other day, had a drink. My partner went in at night and noticed that there were rats running about - the landlady said that they were voles - he didn't think so! The ladies toilet also stank, with unclean toilet seat.

There is a blog about this pub on the web apparently.

I hope they read it and and make a go of this pub.

We went the other day, had a drink. My partner went in at night and noticed that there were rats running about - the landlady said that they were voles - he didn't think so! The ladies toilet also stank, with unclean toilet seat.

There is a blog about this pub on the web apparently.

I hope they read it and and make a go of this pub.

Shock horror! Rats? By the canal - who would have believed it!

Yes indeed, we saw the rats running around where the decking meets the waters edge. I suspect there are rats very close to where we are moored now too - you get lots of them on the canal.

We visited the place twice in the last 3 weeks. The staff there are very friendly and welcoming and the food is very good and very reasonably priced.

We found the beer was good, much better the second visit, probably because the sun had finally come out and the place was busy.

I really do hope they do well and make a go of the place as it is in an ideal spot for a stop along the canal

There was no problem at all with the ladies loo when we went there so perhaps it was an isolated incident? Did you bring it to the attention of the management so they could attend to it?

Edited by cheshire~rose