problem--

sarahmes6

Featured Posts

Hi

Can anyone offer any advice. Today I ran some water to fill up my kettle, then I flushed the toilet and immediatley after i could hear a kind of banging noise, coming from under the sink, in bursts every 10 seconds or so. (very annoying).

I checked underneath where the water pump is and the pipes and it appears the water pump is jumping almost (no water running i add), where the pump enters the pump there is a plastic male & female part almost that lock into each other, as the pump is vibration these parts became unattached and i had a water leak. ive now turned off the water at mains to stop this noise.

Cananyone shed any light on this.

Thanks

Sarah

Ps please be as basic as possible as i am new to boating and have NO knowledge of anything to do with boats.

Hi

Can anyone offer any advice. Today I ran some water to fill up my kettle, then I flushed the toilet and immediatley after i could hear a kind of banging noise, coming from under the sink, in bursts every 10 seconds or so. (very annoying).

I checked underneath where the water pump is and the pipes and it appears the water pump is jumping almost (no water running i add), where the pump enters the pump there is a plastic male & female part almost that lock into each other, as the pump is vibration these parts became unattached and i had a water leak. ive now turned off the water at mains to stop this noise.

Cananyone shed any light on this.

Thanks

Sarah

Ps please be as basic as possible as i am new to boating and have NO knowledge of anything to do with boats.

Certain water pumps have pipe connections which can be released without the use of tools. I seem to remember pipe tails which press into position in the pump, then a clip or something slides into place to keep them there. If yours is the same this might explain how your pipe came loose. It just needs pushing back into position and the holding clip finding and re-fitting.

I'd say the problem is the other way around from how your describe. The pipe came loose, leading to the pump running intermittently as water sprayed out of the leak.

i had trouble with fast fit click in fittings been advised they only work in domestic situations where the water preassure is constant to hold them together

The ones Mike described and used on Jabsco, Flomaster & Flojet (to name a few) differ from domestic fast fittings. The male part with seal ring push fits into the female on the pump and is locked in place by a slide device on the pump body that locates on a shoulder on the male part.

Vibration from the pump can cause the locking device to slide out. If on the outlet, pump pressure can then easily force the male fitting with attached hose partially out.