How old is vintage or historic?

Yamanx

Featured Posts

I date from 1949 with a good pedigree, (my parents thought so anyway). Does this make me historic, veteran, vintage, classic or merely old?

And do I care, (though the discounts do come in handy to offset some of the higher maintenance).

Kiwi Don

I date from 1949 with a good pedigree, (my parents thought so anyway). Does this make me historic, veteran, vintage, classic or merely old?

And do I care, (though the discounts do come in handy to offset some of the higher maintenance).

Kiwi Don

Very good Vintage Don!!! Same year as my good husband!

Am I right in thinking that a converted (for live-aboard) historic boat, from before 1948, such as we would like to buy would not get the discount from BW?

Not that it matters to us because we pay our licence fees to the Cam Conservancy anyway :rolleyes:

Edited by Black Ibis

Am I right in thinking that a converted (for live-aboard) historic boat, from before 1948, such as we would like to buy would not get the discount from BW?

Not that it matters to us because we pay our licence fees to the Cam Conservancy anyway :rolleyes:

It's a grey area and down to the opinion of one geezer. In theory it shouldn't be converted, in practice....

As Chis says.....

The doc says.....

If the boat has been modified or converted, it should continue to “look the part”. For example, a traditional 1930’s narrowboat with a 3m cabin extension, an under-canvas conversion, and perhaps an engine of 1950’s vintage, may be acceptable. A similar boat with a full length steel cabin would not.

So if you did manage to swing it on a boat with a full cabin conversion, that would be good fortune, but clearly not what's stated on the forms.

Edited by alan_fincher