Historic/Working Boats/Ex Working Boat..Whatever

Chris-B

Featured Posts

Historic/Working Boats/Ex Working Boat

To avoid another long and protracted thread on this subject, we are moving our 1942 ex commercial (now converted) barge at the weekend

Dare I say it ..Purely for the pleasure factor !

So to save upsetting anybody I will apologise in advance if I take up to much room on the water, draw to much water and cause you to rock about, waste water by going through some locks or generally inconvenience any other members of this forum with my inconsiderate and selfish actions

Chris

(Sarcastic….MOI ! )

What, no apology for the noise of the engine or the suffocating fumes it will belch out? No remorse for taking up enough mooring space for half a dozen little cruisers? No regrets at not being able to share locks with other craft?

Shame on you !!!

To avoid another long and protracted thread on this subject, we are moving our 1942 ex commercial (now converted) barge at the weekend

So to save upsetting anybody I will apologise in advance if I take up to much room on the water, draw to much water and cause you to rock about, waste water by going through some locks or generally inconvenience any other members of this forum with my inconsiderate and selfish actions

Chris

(Sarcastic….MOI ! )

Sounds great, hope you have fun :cheers: Just one point though please dont raft up with three or so other boats whilst ont river, its just not done.

Tim

Chris

(Sarcastic….MOI ! )

Have Fun...pics required :lol:

That bit is the clincher, Chris!

So this just means you are taking this great monstrosity of a boat out to generally clutter up locks, and get in everybody else's way ?

Actually, if you are on the Thames, isn't the above quite normal ?!?

That bit is the clincher, Chris!

So this just means you are taking this great monstrosity of a boat out to generally clutter up locks, and get in everybody else's way ?

Actually, if you are on the Thames, isn't the above quite normal ?!?

Thats the plan Alan

I fully intend to use as much water as necessary to get to where we want to and back !

Dieseled up,watered up,systems all checked

What can go wrong ??

Chris-B

Thats the plan Alan

I fully intend to use as much water as necessary to get to where we want to and back !

What can go wrong ??

Well my advice would be "avoid any banters!".

We managed to end up at one, and didn't move for 3 days!

Thats the plan Alan

What can go wrong ??

Chris-B

The steerer!!!!!!!!!

Archie say's to enjoy yourself....

Thats the plan Alan

What can go wrong ??

You have checked the weather havent you!

Now where was the wheelhouse?

Edited by idleness

Not sure Chris & Lise have the Beer count correct -

By advising the cunning plan, fellow site users may turn up and assit in lightening the load...

but other wise the helms person sover cockyness is the main concern..

based on if it might crash... how much will it cost...

ducks to avoid incoming..

Chris

(Sarcastic….MOI ! )

Don't worry Chris, you can go proper boating soon!!

ETA - did that email with the insurance details come through?

Edited by Speedwheel

And if you choose to do so make sure no one has a camera to record it :)

Oh I don't know would make a great picture!!! If you ask Tiggers I am sure she would love to come out to play and "breast" up with a few others !!!