i started the stupid rule topic because i think bw needs to change

floatingtraders

Featured Posts

no cant be bothered telling that this country was founded Christianity on every where you look,the laws we have all based around Christianity , millons of people died fighting for our freedom to say and think what we like,people like that should be ashamed.why bother facts yeah right!

no cant be bothered telling that this country was founded Christianity on every where you look,the laws we have all based around Christianity , millons of people died fighting for our freedom to say and think what we like,people like that should be ashamed.why bother facts yeah right!

It may have slipped your attention but there are plenty of people who do not believe in Christianity, myself included.

I have nothing to be ashamed of, I just dont believe. :banghead:

As a non-believer I am happy to accept that Jesus existed. In fact I am sure that he did. What I do not accept is that he is the son of a god or that he performed miracles (over and above what any charismatic teacher could achieve through 'faith healing').

It may have slipped your attention but there are plenty of people who do not believe in Christianity, myself included.

I have nothing to be ashamed of, I just dont believe. :banghead:

And Of course - Many folks will not believe that we could evolve from Apes but have no problem with Woman being created from a Rib !

Coat.............

And Of course - Many folks will not believe that we could evolve from Apes but have no problem with Woman being created from a Rib !

Coat.............

Women were created from an inflatable boat? What a load of bullshit. Thinking about it though,there are inflatable women.. allegedly.

That will be because Jesus never bloody existed :banghead:

Actually Phylis, in this case it is you who needs to get your facts right: assuming we are talking the one that is worshipped in churches up and down the land there is little doubt he existed, and that he was dealt with in the manner described. The bit that, as Carlt says gets a bit hazy, is the events after the crucifixion.

Actually Phylis, in this case it is you who needs to get your facts right: assuming we are talking the one that is worshipped in churches up and down the land there is little doubt he existed, and that he was dealt with in the manner described. The bit that, as Carlt says gets a bit hazy, is the events after the crucifixion.

Exacerly.

Exacerly.

Agreed. Dead Palestinian freedom fighter. Tragic end for him, and for the Jews who followed him, thinking he was going to free them from their Roman overlords. Nothing to do with me today.

The so-called 'christian' religion was a bit of a mish-mash mostly invented by Paul, cobbled together from bits of older religions such as Judaism, the worship of Mithras, Sol Invictus, and a few other local sects thrown in. The only amazing thing about it is that some gullible folk still believe all that miracle stuff, like being a son of god, rising from the dead, etc. all of which are shared by the other early so-called 'deities'.

ETA What on earth (or water!) has this to do with narrowboats? :wacko:

Edited by Leni

I am dissapointed in this discussion, I am sorry for Journeyman having his boat trashed, I would be very angry and upset if it happened to me!some of the people that have posted, come across as smug and cynical, and I begrudge putting money on my dongle to see nasty remarks made about others posters typing ability, enough comma,s for you. and a full stop. Nora.

• Greenie 1

No I am not a troll, and I have as much right to post as you do, I have no knowledge of the OP, but I do have a bit of sympathy for him, and we cant all have university grade English when posting, I assumed this forum was for all boaters, not just a select few cynics.

• Greenie 4

I am dissapointed in this discussion, I am sorry for Journeyman having his boat trashed, I would be very angry and upset if it happened to me!some of the people that have posted, come across as smug and cynical, and I begrudge putting money on my dongle to see nasty remarks made about others posters typing ability, enough comma,s for you. and a full stop. Nora.

Well said Nora. Some people kick off all too quickly.

CALM DOWN DEARS!

Greeny

No I am not a troll, and I have as much right to post as you do, I have no knowledge of the OP, but I do have a bit of sympathy for him, and we cant all have university grade English when posting, I assumed this forum was for all boaters, not just a select few cynics.

Hi Nora

Yes again I find myself agreeing with yet another forum member who like myself realises that in the greater scheme of things good gwamma and schpellin is simply trivia. If some one for whatever reason does not put various dots and dashes in the correct place the post takes a little longer to decipher which is no big deal at all. have a greenie. :cheers:

It's all rather unsatisfactory though, there is no contemporary record of Jesus' existence. The Roman historian Josephus made a passing reference to a man who might have been Jesus but that's about it and that document has been tampered with by Christian scribes. Everything else was written years after the events that are presented as fact, maybe as long as 100 years after in the case of some of the Gospels. Paul of Tarsus was the man who "invented" Christianity with the help of Peter, when he realised the people he was persecuting were actually onto something that could work; that was his Damascine conversion, so he set about knocking it into shape and made a very good job of it. Even his fate is uncertain and unrecorded.

• Greenie 1

It is, all comers are welcome AFAIK, of course they are, just as long as those who launch into their first post being deliberately provocative or as in this OP's case launch into an anti BW tirade based on nothing approaching fact appreciate they will be challenged..