i started the stupid rule topic because i think bw needs to change

floatingtraders

Featured Posts

i started the stupid rule topic because i think bw needs to change..they are not likley to change them if we dont demand change.

18 mounths ago i took my boat to coventry to fit her out i pulled at a waterways mooring point to ask the people there what it was like.. as soon as i had stopped this man started shouting at me from accross the canal you cant moor there this very rude man that runs the swan lane wharf.. without arguing with him i moved and moored further along later the scum in coventry stole my boat,and trashed it.this man saw them doing it .. he said yes i saw them they were chucking things out the windows and letting off the fire extinguishers as they passed by his wife said oh it was terrible. i stood there listening to him telling me how he watched them, i was boiling mad and if his wife had not been there i would of knocked him out when he said no i didnt try and stop them no i didint ring the police.....i had to leave when i went back to see him the next day and he was walking his dog as i got there he was throwing the dog mess into the canal.. i said it is an offence the pollute the canal his reply was its only i bit of dog shit i explaind to him he should know better and as i was getting very angry he locked him self behind his gates.because of his silly stupid rules it cost me thousands of pounds damage to my boat.the supid mooring rules need changing and the staff need better guide lines and training.

posts replies tell me that this is not a bw mooring point and i am a fool to think it is i will check. for now i have edited this post.

Edited by floatingtraders

it is a waterscape wharf he lives on site in a house i pay for? arrrrrr

All the evidence would seem to be that this person was NOT a BW employee.

So, the actual story is that you pulled up somewhere and somebody who isn't employed by BW told you (rightly or wrongly) that you couldn't moor there.

Your conclusions are flawed, because you fail to start from the facts.

© 2012 Waterscape.com, British Waterways' leisure website. All rights reserved. Reproduction of this website in whole or in part, in any form or medium without out express written permission is prohibited. Your use of this website is subject to our legal terms of use. Your personal information is protected by our privacy policy. If you purchase holidays, accommodation or other products through this website,you do so subject to our partners' conditions of sale. View our sitemap. Feedback? Contact us.

they are the same company waterscape run the moorings and bw run the canals my posting isnt incorrect sorry

my posts do have a theme yes the canals that we float on are our heritage they do not belong to bw they belong to us we have to look after them it is not the responabilty of others bw are they gaurdians they do not own them.

Floatingtrader:

Just stop for a minute and try thinking before making yourself look a fool.

Waterscape do not run any moorings.

Waterscape is a website.

One of the things that website does is list waterways facilities. This includes marinas, moorings, chandleries etc. most of which are entirely independent of BW.

Saying Waterscape runs the moorings is just proving that you don't know what you are talking about.

• Greenie 2

BW is ceasing to be and the headache is that things are probably set to get much worse than they were under BW. I predict there will be a lot of nostalgia for the good old days under BW soon; I can but hope I am wrong!

• Greenie 1

© 2012 Waterscape.com, British Waterways' leisure website. All rights reserved. Reproduction of this website in whole or in part, in any form or medium without out express written permission is prohibited. Your use of this website is subject to our legal terms of use. Your personal information is protected by our privacy policy. If you purchase holidays, accommodation or other products through this website,you do so subject to our partners' conditions of sale. View our sitemap. Feedback? Contact us.

And what has this got to do with it?

I suggest that you actually think before you type, because your postings mean nothing.

OP:

If you're going to develop your anger character into your raison d'etre, please, get your facts straight!

Company Details

spacer.gif

Name & Registered Office:

SWAN LANE WHARF LIMITED

XCEL LEISURE CENTRE MITCHELL AVENUE

CANLEY

COVENTRY

CV4 8DY

Company No. 06721378

spacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifStatus: Active

Date of Incorporation: 13/10/2008

Country of Origin: United Kingdom

Company Type: Private Limited Company

Nature of Business (SIC):

96090 - Other service activities not elsewhere classified

Accounting Reference Date: 31/03

Last Accounts Made Up To: 31/03/2011 (TOTAL EXEMPTION SMALL)

Next Accounts Due: 31/12/2012

Last Return Made Up To: 13/10/2011

Next Return Due: 10/11/2012

Last Members List: 13/10/2011

i foolishly stand corrected it is privately owned ...that will why bw did nothing when i complained.but it does not say that and it has waterscape banners with the bw logos on it which i foolishly though it was bw mooring for vistors.please except my humble appollgises.. maybe they should vet the people they promote more carefully then.

Edited by floatingtraders

i started the stupid rule topic because i think bw needs to change..they are not likley to change them if we dont demand change.

18 mounths ago i took my boat to coventry to fit her out i pulled at a waterways mooring point to ask the people there what it was like.. as soon as i had stopped this man started shouting at me from accross the canal you cant moor there this very rude man that runs the swan lane wharf.. without arguing with him i moved and moored further along later the scum in coventry stole my boat,and trashed it.this man saw them doing it .. he said yes i saw them they were chucking things out the windows and letting off the fire extinguishers as they passed by his wife said oh it was terrible. i stood there listening to him telling me how he watched them, i was boiling mad and if his wife had not been there i would of knocked him out when he said no i didnt try and stop them no i didint ring the police.....i had to leave when i went back to see him the next day and he was walking his dog as i got there he was throwing the dog mess into the canal.. i said it is an offence the pollute the canal his reply was its only i bit of dog shit i explaind to him he should know better and as i was getting very angry he locked him self behind his gates.because of his silly stupid rules it cost me thousands of pounds damage to my boat.the supid mooring rules need changing and the staff need better guide lines and training.

posts replies tell me that this is not a bw mooring point and i am a fool to think it is i will check. for now i have edited this post.

And people need to do more research before ranting on a public forum :banghead:

And people need to do more research before ranting on a public forum :banghead:

yes Phylis my rant as you say was incorrect and i have appoligised sorry

but it does not change and in fact makes it worse bw sell mooring spaces to people or companies that act like that..

It sounds like you did nothing terribly wrong. You moored somewhere, were asked to move, so you moved further along, and then got broken into by idiots. I cant think of anything worse. I'm sure you'll recover in the long run. Would you mind starting sentences with capitals and ending them with fullstops, if not too much trouble. It makes things a little easier to read :)

yes Phylis my rant as you say was incorrect and i have appoligised sorry

but it does not change and in fact makes it worse bw sell mooring spaces to people or companies that act like that..

Do you know how BW operate?

Would you expect to roll into any marina and moor for free?

And finally your boat could have been broken into anywhere on the system. It has nothing to do with the fact you were, quite rightly, moved off of a private mooring.

Do you know how BW operate?

Would you expect to roll into any marina and moor for free?

And finally your boat could have been broken into anywhere on the system. It has nothing to do with the fact you were, quite rightly, moved off of a private mooring.

they are the same company waterscape run the moorings and bw run the canals my posting isnt incorrect sorry

Your posting is entirely incorrect.

BW runs the canals. Waterscape is a brand owned by BW.

Waterscape branding doesn't mean that waterscape "run" anything or employ people there.

This was not in the marina it was on the canal and yes only a few months ago it was broken in to, that is not what i was saying when bw disolves and the new trust takes over we will not get the same service that bw operates now there will be cuts in their budget,and if we do nothing they will do nothing to make thing better unless we the paying participants demand better.The fact that the man on swan lane did nothing to stop or report the theift of my boat shows the slippery slope that we will go down if we do nothing to stop it happening.

Having had a re-read about your break-in, I presume you notified the Police of this and the fact that the non-BW person was a material witness. So what did they do about it?

Hi Graham no the police did nothing as it wasnt a dwelling and they didnt even want to record the crime they didnt even come out to see me. they knew who did it from the discription that was given but they would not tell me who it was under some information act.when we were broken into in weedon the police came out and within a three weeks they had him in court .. they were all women police much better result.