Your Attention Please!

system 4-50

Featured Posts

Has anybody got a megaphone on board for communicating with the public?rolleyes.gif

I'm single handing & it could be useful to shout "Gerroff the gate arm, it's not a park bench!" from below the lock,

Do you use CB? There's sometimes a PA outlet for a horn speaker, but IMHO unless you're quietly spoken, loud voices DO travel over the water, so have you tried that as you approach? If they don't hear/move, you would be surprised how quickly they DO move if you nudge the gate :lol:

have you thought about recycling ?,and using one of the many traffic cones that seem to find their way into canals as a megaphone

I made one years ago.It has a Ford Transit rear door handle for a handle and you need to carve the small end with a Stanley knife to suite your ''embrauecher''''Gob''.they work very well, excuse the spellling.

Also if you glue a Kazoo in the small end and blow it converts it into a foghorn.

My favorite use for the cone megaphone is to reinact Captain Smith of the Titanic, last instructions bellowed through his megaphone to the passengers from his bridge window.

ABANDON SHIP!!Go to your lifeboats,let there be no panic and god bless you all.

Edited by bizzard

They seem quite cheap for the little ones, I might give it a try just for the fun of it.

A small one can be quickly hidden and is virtually silent in operation, thus can be quickly stowed and combined with a nonchalant expression and anyone could have been responsible for the offending bruise

Edited by soldthehouse