Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Due to a technical issue with notification settings, we have reset the notification system. As such, we encourage members to review their notification preferences which can be done by clicking here.

Mike the Boilerman

Ebay vintage engine sales

Featured Posts

BEngo    84

Fixed speed, industrial flywheel ( wrong end for marine use).  This isn't an easy boat engine conversion and I suspect it is hand start only - most of the airfield gen sets were,  and the starting handle is shown below the rad. So you will need to find an electric start flywheel ( or have a  ring-gear fitted) or  a raised hand start set.  Either will cost more than the engine, probably.  Not a dry sump version it appears though, so no need for external oil tanks and pipery.

If the alternator were OK a single phase to 3-phase VFD might make an interesting diesel-electric drive project though.

N

noddyboater    1
On 09/08/2017 at 09:43, BEngo said:

Fixed speed, industrial flywheel ( wrong end for marine use).  This isn't an easy boat engine conversion and I suspect it is hand start only - most of the airfield gen sets were,  and the starting handle is shown below the rad. So you will need to find an electric start flywheel ( or have a  ring-gear fitted) or  a raised hand start set.  Either will cost more than the engine, probably.  Not a dry sump version it appears though, so no need for external oil tanks and pipery.

If the alternator were OK a single phase to 3-phase VFD might make an interesting diesel-electric drive project though.

N

I've bought and sold on quite a few of these, most of them from remote farms. They do occasionally turn up with electric start, one out a pumping station even had a complicated electric system of decompression for automatic start. Unfortunately my regular customer was a certain Mr. Hudson, he loved them turned down marine JP's in favour of gensets. Despite the grotty exterior they were usually in remarkably good condition and always started easily after a bit of priming. 

RLWP    1,024
21 minutes ago, David Mack said:

It was pushing a 32 foot shrimp boat.

So watch for salt water damage

Richard

MORE: Forget that, indirect cooled

Edited by RLWP