Ebay vintage engine sales

MtB

Featured Posts

SL I'd guess .......... from the engine number and 1962 to boot!

I have seen loads of engine serial numbers and I would agree that 1844SL3Z12 is a Lister SL3 (SL3) reverse rotating (Z) engine, and the 1844th engine manufactured in 1962.

The quoted horse power outputs for Lister engines vary from one engine to another, and when quite low as in this case (10.8hp @ 1500r.p.m. = 3.6hp per cylinder) it relates directly to the fairly low r.p.m.. Another example of this is the Lister SL4 once in the large Woolwich motor DUNSTABLE = 32SL413 20hp @ 2150r.p.m. = 5.0hp per cylinder @ 2150r.p.m. - which seems a more representative output captain.gif

Edited by pete harrison

If I was after another engine, and I normally am, I would be going to look at the Lister CD currently on Ebay, they are lovely engines, basically the Lister version of the Ruston I've just fitted into my boat..

Casp'

I have seen loads of engine serial numbers and I would agree that 1844SL3Z12 is a Lister SL3 (SL3) reverse rotating (Z) engine, and the 1844th engine manufactured in 1962.

The quoted horse power outputs for Lister engines vary from one engine to another, and when quite low as in this case (10.8hp @ 1500r.p.m. = 3.6hp per cylinder) it relates directly to the fairly low r.p.m.. Another example of this is the Lister SL4 once in the large Woolwich motor DUNSTABLE = 32SL413 20hp @ 2150r.p.m. = 5.0hp per cylinder @ 2150r.p.m. - which seems a more representative output captain.gif

My Dad's 66' boat has an SL2 in it, rated at 11hp at 2000 rpm, ish. Probably the slowest boat about..

Edited by casper ghost

Have just noticed a pair of Coventry Victor HDW with gearboxes being sold as one lot on ebay. Look like they will need a lot of attention. Apologies that my computer skills are too basic to provide a link, but they are easy enough to find if anyone was interested.

Seams cheap.

Surely that is just a starting price from the seller? My guess is if you bid the next increment up that it will just say "reserve not met".

Sickle used to have an HB3 though....... Hmmm.................

Surely that is just a starting price from the seller? My guess is if you bid the next increment up that it will just say "reserve not met".

Sickle used to have an HB3 though....... Hmmm.................

With a missing lift pump I think we can surmise it was removed for a boat and sat under a tarp for a while or in the corner of a workshop, unused.

And from there we can probably guess why it was removed from a boat then used as a spare parts donor. It's probably ready for a re-build.

4LWs by the look of them. They look well knackered, but the bidding is up to £420 with six days to go, so someone obviously thinks that they can be saved.

• 3 weeks later...

A bit much for a narrow boat IMO. The twins are obviously widely used, anlong with some three pot ones, but by the time you have 4 cylinders you are looking at about 60HP, I think.

However some are in narrow boats - I think that is what the Josher "Acacia" now offered for sale has, but it's not really to my taste in an historic boat.