Ebay vintage engine sales

MtB

Featured Posts

• 2 weeks later...

What looks like a nice unadulterated Ruston 4VSH with generator on ebay now with what I consider a brilliant buy it now price of £1000. But its listed incorrectly as a RUSHDEN HORNSBY. So type that in to find it. A bit big for me though. Mick.

What looks like a nice unadulterated Ruston 4VSH with generator on ebay now with what I consider a brilliant buy it now price of £1000. But its listed incorrectly as a RUSHDEN HORNSBY. So type that in to find it. A bit big for me though. Mick.

I need to buy it with someone else and then chop it in half..

Casp'

This made me smile, a lovely pair of Kelvins ...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252417607418

Ben

Excellent.

"You are bidding for the 4 off full size photographs and the GPS location from Google maps.

I will email to the winning bidder the info and photographs."

So not only are you buying just photos not that actual engines, but they are being emailed to you and you are charged £4.89 carriage!

You would have thought you would manage to put up 2 or 3 decent photos if your asking this much for an engine

https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/252413331305

Perhaps it vibrates that much, so you can't get an unblurred photo. help.gif

Seriously though looking at the person forename, and the boat name, I rather thing the seller is well known an ex working boat man.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

£18,000 sounds a little steep, but then 2L2s are rarer than 2LWs so I guess they attract a price premium.

I assume that Paul Redshaw rebuilt this engine? Tony, as far as I know, retired about 2 years ago (and can be spotted cruising around on his new boat which has, I think, a Bolinder), though I suppose that he may "keep his hand in" from time to time.