Becton Bunny Throat Plate

davewally

Featured Posts

Hi,

My Bunny has a rusted throat plate.

Since it seems to be folded from sheet metal the mech team at work reckon they can mke me one.

They have plently of stainless in the workshop.

My question is will stainless take the heat?

Any ideas?

Dave

Hi,

Since it seems to be folded from sheet metal the mech team at work reckon they can mke me one.

Any ideas?

Dave

Yes. Provided it is at least as thick as the old one.

N

Hi,

Any ideas?

Dave

Just bear in mind that it will expand more as it heats.

Tim

Hi,

Any ideas?

Dave

hi .ss will take the heat ok .but it will workharden with constent expanding and contrating this will curae it to crak in time .bob

I have a Ulefos cast iron box stove which has been doing valiant service at home for the past 33 years. About 15 years ago the baffle plate and side plates cracked and crumbled so I found an old bath and had new side plates cut out. The baffle plate was not done then, a flat piece of cast iron was not easily available and a pig to cut so I fitted a 6mm mild steel plate instead. To my amazement it has functioned much better than the cast iron original.

Suggestion: why not use mild steel? Its easy to cut and you should be able to pick up an offcut.

Nick

Edited by Theo
Correct some stuff

I have a Ulefos cast iron box stove which has been doing valiant service at home for the past 33 years. About 15 years ago the baffle plate and side plates cracked and crumbled so I found an old bath and had new side plates cut out. The baffle plate was not done then, a flat piece of cast iron was not easily available and a pig to cut so I fitted a 6mm mild steel plate instead. To my amazement it has functioned much better than the cast iron original.

Suggestion: why not use mild steel? Its easy to cut and you should be able to pick up an offcut.

Nick

Hi,

we have mild and satinless at work. I could use either.

I thought stainless to prevent any more rusting.

Which do you think is best?

Thanks

Dave