CRT Council

mayalld

Featured Posts

I've learnt never to judge someone by their posting style on a bulletin board. I've discovered some real life examples of why. I've never met Dave IRL, perhaps if I did, then I'd be able to make a fair judgement on whether to vote for him or not.

Those of you who do know him IRL have good things to say, though <waves to Kiki> :captain:

Waves back, he gets my vote for sure. Knowing Dave as the MB and myself do, I can't imagine anyone who would have boaters interests closer to his heart. He is honourable, hard working and trustworthy. And I am looking for a job as his campaign manager :rolleyes:

Hi Dave,

Do you still stand by this statement?

This is where Dave's newfound impartiality will come into play; I do actually think if put up to talk sensible, rather than from dogma street Dave might take a less controversial line.

As I'm likely to end up [ahem] looking for a mooring myself in the not too distant I hope I'm not fooling myself.

This has just been posted on my website following a post I did on my views of CaRT

IWA are the only organisation that understand the system, if it was not for the IWA you would not be able to enjoy the canals today. IWA should be at the forefront of the new Trust and I hope everyone votes for IWA candidates to ensure the future of the system. What would any boater without the backing of an organisation such as the IWA be able to achieve?

So guess I had better vote for IWA guys Link to post

This has just been posted on my website following a post I did on my views of CaRT

So guess I had better vote for IWA guys Link to post

As I understand it this committee will meet twice a year and only be able to suggest rather than order - is this true? If it is the committee is a paper tiger no matter who is on it.

As I understand it this committee will meet twice a year and only be able to suggest rather than order - is this true? If it is the committee is a paper tiger no matter who is on it.

That is correct. Though as the only real chance boaters will have to express there view it will have a very small influence. For this reason I will be voting but I will hopefully vote for the candidate that looks after my interests and not those of a Boating Group.

Yes,

Formal meetings only twice a year, unless they can be persuaded this is not enough, but a possibility of getting involved in committee work too.

Theoretically the council has the clout, if enough can be persuaded, to dismiss an unsatisfactory trustee. As there has been some concern about who the trustees are, the fact that they can at least be challenged if they prove unsatisfactory is I think better than nothing.

You may think this council will be toothless, but it represents our only chance to have a genuine boater input. There are just 4 elected boater roles in a council of 35, so it is important that anyone eligible to vote thinks carefully about who they want to be their representatives.

You need to think if you would prefer independent boaters, or those put up by the big boating associations, who may or may not represent your position.

I'll link to Frequently Asked Questions again, because they have not been very well publicised. They may not answer everything, but they do fill in some gaps sadly not well covered in the main materials.