BCN 24 Hour Challenge 2012

Capt Ahab

Featured Posts

I see that the Marathon Challenge is on again for the weekend 2nd & 3rd June. Who is braving the mysterious mattress of the Tame valley next year?

Enquiries to:

boundarypost@gmail.com

Team 'Red Wharf' are up for it :D

See you there!

SAM

Ryde

IOW

ETA We're planning a practice cruise over the new year. I hope that doesn't mean we'll be accused of cheating :o

Edited by Victor Vectis

Would love to enter this.

But as I still have another 150 years to go before I get my pension if David Cameron gets his way it will be a long time until I am able to enter in my own boat.

But in the mean time if anyone wants a crew member I am able and willing.

That mattress has no chance with me as crew lol

• Greenie 1

Well according to the BCN Society's website, the 2011 BCN Challenge is a yet-to-be-confirmed event!!

David

The BCNS seem to be doing a poor job on web sites currently.

The site that you have linked to is the "old" site, which basically seems to have been abandoned. What you are referencing to is about the 2011 challenge, as you point out, so you can see how out of date it is.

The "new " web site is here, on a different domain name. That has the 2012 diary of events, and the Challenge is not mentioned, so was a bit surprised to hear it was on.

Edited by john6767

The info came through on a general email list the other day from Brenda Ward. There's been some debate for the last few months over what weekend to have it, but they obviously went with the view that argued Bank Holidays are good for getting one's boat home again from Walsall!

The BCNS need volunteers to help with things like the Challenge (Graham says he needs to hand it over soon as he's not well) and (probably) the website - anyone with any time will be most welcome, I hear (I have sod all time to commit, and May-June is my busiest month, otherwise I'd be champing at the bit to organise challenges!)

Team Odana is in.

For once I am not working at Crick Show! I'll be there!

Bugger, just realised that its the same time as the Grand Prix at Monaco, hmmmm, Monaco or the BCN Challenge.... Hmmm.... :help:

Edited by Tiggers

For once I am not working at Crick Show! I'll be there!

Bugger, just realised that its the same time as the Grand Prix at Monaco, hmmmm, Monaco or the BCN Challenge.... Hmmm.... :help:

They are both a race around the city streets!

Will team Tawny Owl be needing crew members? Being an unashamed silverware hunter, hardened drinker, in possesion of a beard, and used to not sleeping for several days, it seems like the crew to join.

Blimey, you sound like Hairy Neils twin ;)

Anyway, we were just off the silverware this year.

You'll have to join those pesky Muscrat's if you want medals :lol:

I've just read several comments on the BCN 24 Hour Challenge and felt the need to confirm the fact that this is indeed taking place on 2nd/3rd June 2012 giving you Bank Holiday Monday to take your boat away from Walsall Town Basin.

We have had difficulty agreeing a date as there was consideration given to a possible Festival at Droitwich at which some of our members would have been involved. This is now not taking place in 2012. The next problem we had was the poor health of Graham Whorton, past Chairman of our BCN Society, who along with Roy Kenn co-ordinated the event. Graham did all the computer side of the event while Roy, who is not a computer man does the planning and receiving the entry forms. We have now found someone to take Graham's place and all is now on track. So if you are considering participating in this event an entry form is available from me, Brenda Ward, at boundarypost@gmail.com or by phoning Roy Kenn 01922 428644, he will give you further details if required.

Regarding the web site!!! We are sorry but we are changing from one site to another but as you say it's all down to people & time!!! Let's hope the new year will get it up & running properly.