Are you new to boating?? CLICK HERE

Sam

Featured Posts

Hi We are John,Sally and Charlie,

Looking to buy are first boat very soon.

I know im going need loads of Qs answered please before we make the big step.

Cheers John

Welcome to the forum. Be you from the west country :lol: "are boat", best read

with the accent.

There are lots of "experts" that will have many different answers, if you have time

trawl, sorry wrong type of water, lock through previous postings. the right reply is

there somewhe :) re.

Welcome to the forum. Be you from the west country :lol:  "are boat", best read

with the accent.

There are lots of "experts" that will have many different answers, if you have time

trawl, sorry wrong type of water, lock through previous postings. the right reply is

How did you get West country from that post?

Welcome to the forum. Be you from the west country :lol:  "are boat", best read

with the accent.

:) Where did you get west country from :D

We are from Suffolk.

Thanks for your tips.

Johnny.

Don't be surprised if people guess your county wrongly, like the majority of other members you have not posted any personal detail at all.

It can't do any harm to post approximate areas and other data, it is hard to put peoples communications into context if we have not the remotest idea who or where you are.

not sure what camels or glenda jackson have to do with being new to boating but anyway.....we are newbies having bought our boat in november. i have spent many happy hours grubbing around in the bilges so far getting covered in oil which i havent done since i used to own a morris 1000 traveller .

i do have a question that doesnt fit into the usual categories so here goes.......

we are thinking of changing the name of the boat which has been called TRES

for 27 years apart from bad luck what else is involved ?

alan

Hi Speedy,

theres a 200th bash at Blisworth tunnel in June too, I will be running the Boat safety scheme stand, if I can get a pitch! so might see you there, and any one else. I will post web page for the above do later.

That's on the bruene side of the tunnel isn't it?

Let me know what the date is :lol:

Alan

"We are thinking of changing the name of the boat which has been called TRES

for 27 years apart from bad luck what else is involved ?"

Nothing at all, the name of the boat has no significance these days apart from being a secondary indentification, just notify BW, your insurance Co and anyone else when you renew, or sooner if you prefer.

But beware of wiers, lightening storms and UFO's for a few months.

Don't worry too much about Glenda Jackson and the Camels, most threads seem to get dumbed down within a day or two lately.

speedy, both ends of the tunnel, working boats ( on there way to Braunston) at the Stoke Bruerne end, private boat etc at the Blisworth end. It will take place on the 18th/19th of June.

Nigel

Cheers, i'll have to check to see if i'm at any car shows. (i have an XR4i that goes on show at classic car events).

<_< Hello everyone.

You'll probably recognise the username as my husband Tom has already asked loads of questions on the forum but i thought i'd introduce ourselves offcially.

Actually you probably all know our situation i.e that we're in the process of having a widebeam canal boat built, 'Tarifa', which will be completed this summer, because Tom has talked about it in most of his postings.

We're going to be living aboard fulltime so this has been a pretty big decision for us but this forum has been really useful for answering loads of questions and informing us about current issues. I've never used one before but as i've been housebound with mumps for the past two weeks i thought i'd check out what Tom had been spending all these evenings looking at and telling me about. You're all right, it is addictive!

Anyway we can't wait to get on board and maybe see you around

Sophie

:D

• 1 month later...

Hello to eveyone,

I'm a real 'newbie' but very keen,I'm planning an early retirement and long term canal cruising sounds very tempting.

I've done a bit of sailing around and about N.Wales but no narrowboating.

I had an afternoon on a friend's narrowboat,Chirk to Trefor, last weekend and that sums up my canal experience.

My brother and I have booked a holiday Bunbury to Trefor (or vice-versa) for the 15th April.You've been warned !! :)

I've been 'lurking' here for a while and hope to make a contribution one day but as yet I'm soaking up all the info I can get.

Great site,I'm in awe of you all.......now about those staircase locks........ :D

Alan

Edited by Alan

Welcome Aboard Alan, dont worry, you not the only new member here, there have been quite a few joining in the last few months.

- As for staircases, dont worry, the guys at bunbury will sort you out, and that staircase is fairly stright forward (only a double, and with lockweirs as well)

Daniel