Are you new to boating?? CLICK HERE

Sam

Featured Posts

Hi everyone

Our names are Doreen and John and we are new to boating.

We decided to follow our dream and buy a boat,

We didn't want to look back in years to come and say "why didn't we"?.

This website is brilliant for all levels of boating from novice to advanced, and i'm so glad there are so many people out there willing to help, even us newbies.....

Thanks

Doreen :o

• Greenie 1
  • Happy 1

Hi,

Me and my girlfriend emily are new to boating, were both only 19, my nan used to own a canal boat, (sadly shes passed away now) she sold it to a lovely couple who i have seen, they stay in bletchly, Anyhow we bought our boat in july from whilton marina (grand union canal) and we are currently in ivinghoe,

Our boat is currently in progress (isnt everbodys) i have one side in grey undercoat and one in red oxide the roof is in grey undercoat too, Just getting round to it, the inside is toung and groved up untill the tricky bits, i figred i could do them after the easy bits, that was 3 months ago now :o

So far we both really enjoy it, our boat has a center steering cockpit, (wheel house) its intresting it slides down to make it uncovered, our boat is 55ft long,

We are however struggling with a couple of things (posted in different posts)

I would really like to thank the people who run this site we run a vodaphone 3g card and its lovely to read up on this site, people in the same situation as us,

Thanks

Ross and emily

• 1 month later...

:lol: Hi

My name is Mike.

I have recently bought a cabin cruiser (I would have liked a narrow boat but unfortunately, couldn't afford one!).

I haven't been out on her yet - and I am really nervous about encountering my first lock.. but I have wanted to do this for many years and hopefully, my wife Cheryl will love the boating life too.

I have a question or two on boat maintenance and would appreciate any help anyone could offer?

Kindest regards to all

Mike

Hi from christine & john who hope to launch our new 40ft narrow boat within the next few weeks. all we need now is good weather to final spray & fit in the engine. for the last 18 months we have busy extending & fitting out the boat in our garden. the cost has been a lot more than we expected but we can`t wait to get onto the canal.

Hi all :) i'm speedy (aka jeremy), and i'm new to this forum.

I do not own a boat myself, (simply because i cannot afford one). A close family friend used to own one about 15 years ago and i used to go with him. The boat was moored at the cowroast marina on the grand union.

I am also the person responsible for this website if anyone has seen it (all my own work) :)

Speedy

:lol:

Thanks for the welcome guys  :lol:

The site will be extended northwards up to braunston in the summer, & i hope to make it to the historic boat festival in june, which will be added to the site, maybe some of you will be there?

I hadn't planned to come home this summer or this year for that matter, but If I can sneak in without any one seeing me I might just see you there.

Anyone got any info on the Hotels in the area?

Try Braunston Village Index Maffi. It lists some B&Bs and a hotel. A Google search on "hotel"+"braunston" brings up a huge number of hits for such a small place. Get surfing - it'll take your mind off maids and camels.

By the way, I tried a Google Image search on "maid"+"camel".Not a single camel in sight. Just some dogs, some pictures that I'd better not mention and this:

B00008HCAH.01.LZZZZZZZ-thumb.jpg

Even in my worst dreams, I wouldn't associate Susannah York with camels! And just to prove that this is high art rather than a salacious picture of Su in her underwear take a look at The Maids - Plot Summary

Edited by Paul Evans

If only Maffi were so lucky. He has to fly in from Saudi (minus maid and camel) then sneak around in disguise so that we don't demand the beers he's been offering in the virtual pub. And, because he is used to living in a luxurious villa, he needs his comforts. No sleeping in a hedgerow for Maffi!

If only Maffi were so lucky. He has to fly in from Saudi (minus maid and camel) then sneak around in disguise so that we don't demand the beers he's been offering in the virtual pub. And, because he is used to living in a luxurious villa, he needs his comforts. No sleeping in a hedgerow for Maffi!

I wont be in disguise, if I go you wont miss me. :lol:

Heres another question: Assume a two week window T F S S M T W T F S S M T W T F are there two weekend events I can fit in any time?

PS Looks like the maid is coming back to Riyadh :)