volunteers needed

sheriff

Featured Posts

Water Chariots are needing around one hundred volunteers to crew there fleet of olympic trip boats.The idea is ex-serviceman(disabled)will steer the boats,and as many service/ex-service personal crew the boats...also any boaters,as boaters have a knowledge of boats etc.

Details as follows Water Chariots mobile 07967 680 539.......e-mail peter@water-chariots.co.uk.............telephone 0845 680 7026 fax 020 7702 3535.

the plan is for the olympics and maybe longer.

thanks

Surely if they are going to be carrying paying passengers they must have a suitably qualified skipper and/or crew? Not many MCA Boatmasters out there qualified to carry vessels with more than 12 passengers.

the chaps steering are being trained now.with the volunteers its not the same for crew as I was told...you could ask him the details

The ones that I saw wouldn't take more than 12 anyway.

the one which is there will be almost the same as the ones which will be arriving soon,are designed to carry a lot more than that seated,or disabled and seated.

they are wide beam boats..

the point is does anybody wish to volunteer...also question are perhaps better directed at water chariots..

subject change...its looking like I will be away now lady muck till end of next year.so will have to meet up some other time.thinking about doing some touring around the world for a few months or longer........or buying a widebeam sailaway

Edited by sheriff

This link says.....

Each waterbus can carry approximately 70 passengers

I don't claim to know the rules, but I do know that on the local trip boats, (which have some quite big ones) then the "skipper" needs the full certification, (which is a fairly expensive thing to get, these days), but that none of the rest of the crew need anything, (except a desire to work for peanuts!).

I don't claim to know the rules, but I do know that on the local trip boats, (which have some quite big ones) then the "skipper" needs the full certification, (which is a fairly expensive thing to get, these days), but that none of the rest of the crew need anything, (except a desire to work for peanuts!).

My trip boat days were all voluntary (the copious amounts of tea were free B) ) and I paid the fare to get there. I even once spent a day bailing it out when it sank on the moorings... :cheers:

Edited by Hairy-Neil

But there are two other types of boats offering Olympic services in the area at the moment. There's this one - a widebeam which will certainly hold more than 12.

P1080772.jpg

Also there's this one. Has anyone any idea what this boat is? It's moored near the Olympic Park, just before Bow Locks. Google reveals nothing, but it looks as though it's some sort of trip boat. And why does it have those protective shrouds? Is it so that steerers can bash into bridgeholes with impunity? :lol:

P1080735.jpg

But there are two other types of boats offering Olympic services in the area at the moment. There's this one - a widebeam which will certainly hold more than 12.

P1080772.jpg

Also there's this one. Has anyone any idea what this boat is? It's moored near the Olympic Park, just before Bow Locks. Google reveals nothing, but it looks as though it's some sort of trip boat. And why does it have those protective shrouds? Is it so that steerers can bash into bridgeholes with impunity? :lol:

P1080735.jpg

Thats an ex BW workboat..

This link says.....

The rest of the "crew" must be fully trained before working aboard.

P1080772.jpg

P1080735.jpg

ruth if I remember her name correctly and annie who works on the canal for BW both started this project on this boat,and first of all it was loaned etc out as a floating cinema....the idea now,regardless of the olympics is to offer short trips up the river.as a solo boat venture...

ruth if I remember her name correctly and annie who works on the canal for BW both started this project on this boat,and first of all it was loaned etc out as a floating cinema....the idea now,regardless of the olympics is to offer short trips up the river.as a solo boat venture...

http://floatingcinema.info/